Add Camera which is in another network (different subnet)

sisteck

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry if it has already been posted, but I have not found a solution.
I have various networks with different subnets for example 192.168.11.0/24, 192.168.12.0/24, 192.168.13.0/24 are connected through routers properly programmed and static routes in the right way.
Actually since the networks are in different places and connected with different wans, the routers are programmed to create tunneling, but this is not the problem).
Through a PC connected to the first network (192.168.11.0/24) I can reach all the cameras of all networks.
Also in the network where the PC is, I also have a Hikvision NVR.
Adding a camera manually, inserting the IP of another network, this is not acquired, it says that it does not exist. I thought the NVR behaved like a PC, my doubt is that the problem is in the ports. Do you think it is possible to acquire these cameras in the NVR, or is it a limitation?

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have no solution for you other that I can confirm it works, at least on my Dahua NVR. I have cameras on different subnets connected.
As you mentioned, setting up the routing is key and this is where I would search for the solution.

But, and again, as you mentioned, you can access all cameras from a connection on the same LAN as the NVR so...

I hope you find a solution and look forward to hear about how you solved it!

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your problem is due to networking. I have added remote cameras many times without any problems, you have to be able to reach the IP and the data port (8000 by default).

Through a PC connected to the first network (192.168.11.0/24) I can reach all the cameras of all networks.
Can you ping the camera, and view the feed?

sisteck

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone and thanks for the answers, now it works,
it was enough to wait for a while (2 minutes), I don't know why: (-
the NVR uses the routes programmed in the Router since it establishes the connection to the camera