Adaptor Plate Idea for upgrading Dahua Cameras

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ever Tried to put a square peg into a round hole? That's the dilemma I'm facing currently with replacing some older Dahua Domes, several HDBW4431R-ZS which just aren't up to par any more. The IPC-HDBW5442R-S or IPC-HDBW5442R-ASE will replace these domes as their dimensions and pattern are identical, and in several places I've done exactly that. I'd like to use the IPC-HDW5442TM-ASE turrets to replace some of these domes, I would like to have the availability of the built in audio microphone, and they appear to have better IR illuminators than the dome, but they are significantly smaller than the dome, and that would leave the old mounting holes visible, which will no doubt upset the trouble and strife.

These are the patterns for the dome
1607400167492.png 1607401194528.png

And this is the pattern for the Turret

1607401369425.png

I could go the DH-IPC-HDW5442T-ZE route, as they are large enough to cover the old holes, however US$50 a unit more when I don't need more than 6mm adds up quickly, especially as it converts to $67 Australian.

I thought about using the junction box, but the cable hole for the junction box is in the middle, and the existing holes are offset for the domes layout. So this is what I came up with.

IPC-HDBW4431R-ZS to IPC-HDW5442TM-ASE adaptor plates(1).png

The idea is the plate on the left gets screwed into the existing holes, and the plate on the right hides the screw holes, and you use M4 Allen key bolts to attach both the second plate and the camera base to the first plate.

Now to find out if this is going to cost more than buying the large cameras.