AD110 and intermittent green pixelation

toreupfeet

n3wb
Reaction score
I have two AD110 doorbells, both of which I have been viewing through Home Assistant directly via RTSP. They both record to SD cards well, and my RTSP stream has been stable in HA.

However, I've recently added them to BI, where I get very frequent flashes of green pixelation. I have replaced my doorbell feeds for HA with the Blue Iris integration feeds (no longer direct RTSP url) and my streams into HA now show this green pixelation (of course). I mention this because I wonder whether my use of the Integration might be part of the cause of the issue ...though, I doubt it would be, because my PC is a rather powerful i7-11 and I'm running at 8% CPU.

I have not begun to troubleshoot the issue. Before I begin, I thought I'd reach out here and see if anyone has some advise as to where to start.

Attachments

toreupfeet

n3wb
Reaction score
Try disabling Intel hardware acceleration for those 2 cams in Blue Iris.
Thanks. That didn't seem to fix it. But I think something else did: Video > Configure > Decoder Compatibility Mode

And I set the max FPS to 20 in case the extra RAM might help. Do you think that is worth doing?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. That didn't seem to fix it. But I think something else did: Video > Configure > Decoder Compatibility Mode

And I set the max FPS to 20 in case the extra RAM might help. Do you think that is worth doing?
The FPS is set in the cam's webGUI, BI just reports what it sees. I wouldn't go higher than 15 FPS and I'd also set the iFrame (frame interval) to match the FPS.