AcuSense camera's with an AcuSense NVR

BCMascha

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings all,

I have a customer who wants a Hikvision system and since I haven't been working with Hikvision yet I want to learn how to use it. (I used Honeywell/Dahua before, way simpler than Hikvision I see, lol) So I asked my camera supplier what to get with the camera's I have choosen to be sure it would be good.
So what do I got:
1x DS-7732NXI-I4/S
1x DS-2CD2H46G2-IZS
17x DS-2CD2H86G2-IZS
Now I been unpacking and setting it up, changing the IP's, settings, etc, but then I had a very fun time reading combining AcuSense cams+NVR is a very dumb thing to do. Thanks supplier for telling me this is a bad choice (NOT)!
Now, since it is weekend and I have to be done by Monday, my question: what is the best thing to do with this setup?

I have read about enabling "Enable Al by device" by each camera so I tried enabling it @ System>Event>Normal Event>Motion Detection, but it kept telling me "Not enough resource for Motion 2.0 analysis. Please check the engine settings in smart analysis."
So I went to Engine settings and put it from Perimeter Protection to Motion Detection 2.0 and tried it again, but now I get "Configuring failed. The channel resolution for motion detection should be no more than 4 MP." while my camera's (Except for the 4K model) are 4MP and not higher?
So I'm lost in what do now.

Last edited:

BCMascha

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there litteraly no one who can help me? Not even how to use just standard/normal Motion Detection?
Even when using a Basic DS-7604NI-K1/4P I don't get it to work!

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there litteraly no one who can help me? Not even how to use just standard/normal Motion Detection?
Even when using a Basic DS-7604NI-K1/4P I don't get it to work!
The NVR only has enough ram in it to support 1 camera that way.
For the cameras above, I would suggest a DS-9664NXI-I8/S(C) because it will have enough ram to do what you want to do on all cameras.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
With that many cameras, you could go with the 64 Ch DVR above or two ds-7716-14/16p

DS-7732NXI-I4/S should work. But you need to select regions instead of the whole thing.

regular motion will record on all channels, but only 4 cameras @2mp on special events (accusense).
Special events cameras are low resolution cameras that are used in one target.
The accusense NVR does not have enough ram to support this feature in full res. That is why I just set up the regular motion record and region out what I don't want setting off the motion record. I also adjust the pre and post motion record to 30 seconds pre and 2 minutes post

Last edited:

BCMascha

n3wb
Reaction score
I see, but a DS-9664NXI-I8/S(C) costs like €2000,-. Why does it have to be such a good and expensive one if the only thing I am asking for it to do is a simple Motion Detection? Doesn't even have to be Human or Vehicle detection.
I'm getting the feeling my supplier doesn't have any understanding in Hikvision if those camera's can't even be used with a recorder under €1000,- when I see your reply with ur advise.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I see, but a DS-9664NXI-I8/S(C) costs like €2000,-. Why does it have to be such a good and expensive one if the only thing I am asking for it to do is a simple Motion Detection? Doesn't even have to be Human or Vehicle detection.
I'm getting the feeling my supplier doesn't have any understanding in Hikvision if those camera's can't even be used with a recorder under €1000,- when I see your reply with ur advise.
Have you looked on how to set up regular motion detection? because its a separate thing than the accusense.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is a video on how to set up regular motion record:

You only want to set up "normal events" as "special events" are only supported on low res due to RAM usage

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Acusense is simply their marketing term for AI capabilities.

If you want to use the AI capabilities, you need an AI capable NVR.

Otherwise go with the cheaper options of just motion detection as mentioned above.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Acusense is simply their marketing term for AI capabilities.

If you want to use the AI capabilities, you need an AI capable NVR.

Otherwise go with the cheaper options of just motion detection as mentioned above.
AI eats about 4X the video ram as the stream encoding. That is why you will see a limitation on video resolution. Quite frankly, they need to add an additional 12GB of ram per 8 channels of NVR so they can fully support it. But the cost of that NVR would be averaging $2500 instead of $500

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh I know...it is why I regularly tell the NOOB that not all NVRs are created equal and once you cost out one to do what you want or even have some basic abilities to simply be able to handle 4MP or 8MP bandwidth requirements, the BI/computer combo is cheaper!

BCMascha

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I have tried exactly what is being done in the video with the continuous recording, yet it wouldn't work. Now after a factory reset, it suddenly does work, weird.
Anyhow, it will trigger the event constantly, even when its on my desk without any movement, even on sensitivity on 20, the lowest I can select. This is also the reason I have checked Human and Vehicle which I wanted to use if possible. The only problem I have with it is when a Human is detected, it will stop the event after the Post-Record time I've set eventhough the Human is still in-screen.

Oh I know...it is why I regularly tell the NOOB that not all NVRs are created equal and once you cost out one to do what you want or even have some basic abilities to simply be able to handle 4MP or 8MP bandwidth requirements, the BI/computer combo is cheaper!
I know that all NVR's are not equal and I know that Hikvision is way more advanced than what I have been using. Why do you think I have been asking my supplier for advice on what to get? One of my requirement was also just simple motion detection, with human/vehicle detection if possible. Now the customer agreed with those prices so it doesn't matter, but still.

Last edited:

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
One of my requirement was also just simple motion detection, with human/vehicle detection if possible. Now the customer agreed with those prices so it doesn't matter, but still.
You should be able to set that up to occur by using the Smart settings on the camera's GUI, then set the Action/ Trigger to"Notify Surveillance Centre" (IIRC.) I've got an older 7608NI-I2/8p and the cameras send the Smart Alerts to the NVR for Humans/ Vehicles fine.

I have with it is when a Human is detected, it will stop the event after the Post-Record time I've set eventhough the Human is still in-screen.
Mine seems to do that as well. Set the post record longer or revert to Normal playback if you want to view the entire event. They changed the NVR firmware at some stage and it annoyingly reverts back to 12am if you change from "Normal" back to "Smart" playback- it never used to do that. Plus Normal used to display the Smart alerts on the time line and now it doesn't.