Accusense Human event, motion and line crossing not accurate

Yorto310

n3wb
Reaction score
Having issues with motion and line activation. Mainly motion within an area but also line.

On one of the DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL I have with firmware5.7.3, I have a line activation setup with Human ticked but it still triggers it when someone is walking past but not within the specified area.

On all the 4 cameras I have with motion it does the same and will trigger someone walking past but not within the specifiecd area.

Is this a known issue or ?

1x DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL,1x DS-2CD2566G2-IS using firmware V5.7.3 build 220112
and
1x DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL,1x DS-2CD2386G2-IU using firmware V5.5.801 build 211105

NVR
DS-7616NI-I2 with firmware V4.60.005 build 220108

I have tried both on the NVR and direct from the camera with the same result

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Motion have prebuilt default Min/Max Values that you cannot see nor change which might not suit your scenario, switch to intrusion detection

Yorto310

n3wb
Reaction score
Motion have prebuilt default Min/Max Values that you cannot see nor change which might not suit your scenario, switch to intrusion detection
I've had this working flawlessly for 7 or 8 years with nil issues until now. Even the other k series nvr I just tried had all the similar lines that worked and functioned correctly to hik connect.

My email notifications still work.
Hil connect does not work with the nvr events. But hik connect works with all of my IPC events as well as doorbell.

I found intrusion to be very hit and miss when I tried it over lines.

Min Max are set correctly as I can see it in ivms working correctly.

Unfortunately ivms is working but the event to hik connect from the nvr isn't.

I could also have a dodgy NIC on the nvr... Could have serial blacklisted..... It's a strange one indeed.

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did u configure IPC's over NVR or directly from IPC web? If you did, maybe u forgot to mark on NVR for motion detection to "Notify surveillance center" as this option is used to send notifications to ivms and hik-connect.
If thats not the case, did u add NVR to hik connect or just IPC's?

If nothing helps i usually upgrade/downgrade firmware to solvethis kind of issues.

Yorto310

n3wb
Reaction score
Did u configure IPC's over NVR or directly from IPC web? If you did, maybe u forgot to mark on NVR for motion detection to "Notify surveillance center" as this option is used to send notifications to ivms and hik-connect.
If thats not the case, did u add NVR to hik connect or just IPC's?

If nothing helps i usually upgrade/downgrade firmware to solvethis kind of issues.
I've tried it all. Nothing differs to how I originally had it all working.

It started throwing incorrect line crossing activations, I upgraded firmware and then I got no notification to hik connect.

I've tried resetting everything multiple times, even my entire network.... It's been fun so I'm just about to give up.

I've tried to downgrade firmware but haven't had any luck with that yet.

If you know how to downgrade back to 4.600.005 from 4.61.010... I'm all ears.

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Might be a silly question, if your camera does not support corridor mode, did u phisicly rotate lens to have larger area covered? I noticed that events wont work as it wont understand its human/vehicle.

Downgrading is always a risky. You need serial connection to NVR , tftp and secureCRT or putty. Be aware devices can brick this way.

Yorto310

n3wb
Reaction score
Might be a silly question, if your camera does not support corridor mode, did u phisicly rotate lens to have larger area covered? I noticed that events wont work as it wont understand its human/vehicle.
No corridor mode.
I have basically all 12 cameras on the 16 channel nvr, all of them have line activations. Only 4 or 5 produce a few a day. The rest only for perimeter alarm at night time. So once in a blue moon they trigger

I have them all set now and can walk past all of them and I get an email from the nvr with picture but if I change them from email to notify surveillance, I get no alert to hik connect for playback.

Yorto310

n3wb
Reaction score
for anyone else following.

I have been in contact with Hikvision, after many email exchanges, they got me to download a firmware (NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V4.51.005_210628) that I was able to downgrade my NVR firmware.

after the NVR's 6th maybe 7th or 8th reset I am back to normal with hik connect fully working with all notify surveillance centre.

Hopefully this helps anyone that may have the same issue later.