Account locked

Don Schultz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Changed the password on one of my Dahuas this morning. Tried to log on through browser and am getting message: "this account has been locked". Solution?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you need to update your SmartPSS clients or they will hammer the account with wrong password and lock you out.

try using the backdoor admin login to get in and unlock the admin account: 888888/888888

I had the exact same thing happen; while you in there change the backdoor admin password since you cant and probably shouldn't remove it.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
go into devices and edit the device and change the password; or remove the device and re-add it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mrkf69cyh0n6n9w/Screenshot 2014-09-06 16.09.04.png?dl=0

dont forget any mobile clients too; basically the same procedure.

might be a good idea to create a unique login for your SmartPSS clients with just enough rights to do what you need and configure the clients to use that login so they cant lockout the admin account or change any settings you dont want messed with.. thats how I do it; so my Wife and House Sitters can view cameras and control PTZ but not change anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
When it comes to anything dahua, never ever change passwords until you first create a second unique login with password with full admin rights. Ideally you should do that right away with new dahua gear. It's your way into an admin account, should any remote software with auto login create a lock out situation. I believe if you do nothing now, that lock out should clear after a time- not sure how much. Hours or a day, it does clear I believe.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't think that works, there's a time it keeps, like 20 or 30 minutes and powering the camera didn't help me unless they changed that.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone ever get the log in page in IE and when they enter the username and password get a 'time out' mssg? I believe it is a sign of a network problem, but what could the problem be if I'm hitting the log in page?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
What are you trying to hit, a camera or an nvr? Could be a bandwidth problem. I have found that sometimes chrome works better than IE these days, especially considering I have a ton of activeX plugins in IE and sometimes things can get screwy.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I basically use Internet Explosion for everything. Shock, if you ever have trouble with IE, go in program files, and delete your webrec file and let the device your logging into install it's new active x files and you should be fine. But it's not a problem on my end. My PSS and smart PSS can't connect either. I know the problem is on his end, but don't understand what it could be because I am hitting the NVR login page, so the ports are forwarded correctly and his internet it up. His system has been in for awhile and has always had issues. It's a warehouse in PA and he has the cheapest internet service possible. I'm going to have to take a trip there one day and reset everything and force him to upgrade the service. I think he's worse off than even DSL if I remember.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what about port 37777? iirc thats the management port that handles authentication for smartpss and the web-ui; if you cant reach that but you can reach port 80 it may give you the symptoms you describe.

Try using telnet to verify port is open, ie telnet <host> <port> and see if you get a "Connection Established/Rejected/Timeout" reply.

If your fans of IE I would still urge you to have an alternate browser installed just for helping test/troubleshoot on occasion, from a developer standpoint IE tends to be the least standard and most likely to break when all other browsers work fine.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This has happened to him in the past and he has sent someone to just reboot the router and modem and it helped. I use port 8000 for http and it has to be open because I can get the log in interface. Also, if I go to my ddns website, and view his IP, than enter his IP and port directly, I get the wan page of the NVR but nothing responds. Something is definitely fishy over there!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
its a dirty hack but Ive had to it before at remote locations; get a cheap 7 day digital timer and program it so its always on but 1min a week; late at night when nobody will notice.. this will hard-reset the network once a week which should help weird issues like this without needing someone to go out and reboot it manually from time to time... worst case if things start acting up hopefully you can just wait it out a few days til everything resets, but that probably wont happen with a fresh start every week.

Last edited by a moderator:

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just for that fact, I set the NVR to reboot daily, but it's not the NVR's problem, it's his network's problem. The warehouse is not occupied by people, it's just storage for his inventory and they go there about once a month to restock and pull items for his store in Manhattan. I would even get one of those remote power supplies, but if his network won't let me in, than it's useless. A timer like you said may just work though, thanks for the idea.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah the cheaper network equipment tends to act wonkey with enough time, especially ISP provided cable/dsl modems.. they dont have alot of RAM and with enough time a memory leak takes them down or the mac/nat/routing tables grow so large that it overflows and looses its grip on reality.

I had a few DSL modems hooked to a directional WiFi bridge on a giant tower in the middle of nowhere; I didnt have 24/7/365 access to the Radio Shack and it seemed like the DSL modems would hang up every other month.. Once the timer was put on I never had to call someone to go out again.

Software Reboot timers only work if the software is still running; if the NVR or camera for some reason hard locks then that timer wont be able to trigger, so there mostly pointless.. An external timer would act as a hardware timer and would guarantee a reset despite the condition of of the software.

Ive actually had quite a few customers do this to there cable/dsl modems over the years because the'd have regular internet issues that were always solved by rebooting the modem.. Feedback was always great, solved a bunch of issues they had been having and was alot more cost effective than a brand new pro-grade modem.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting. One of the first things I turn off is auto reboot in a dvr/nvr, and now IP cameras as well. It's been said a scheduled reboot is a good idea and yet the dvr/nvr has never had and issue being on full time. The upgraded modem optimum put in here last year has been ok it seems. What I always have trouble with in time is, you guessed, it routers. This tp-link I've had in line seems to be doing okay...for now.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
since there's so many attack bots out there constantly scanning you for hacks all the damn time your router is constantly dealing with connection attempts, even if its silent blocking them. This grows ARP tables, firewall logs, etc and sometimes this can lock up these lil ISP routers running off minimal hardware, especially when you get scanned very aggressively by a broken bot or targeted attack.. Ive seen big expensive routers crumble like this aswell, with minimal effort it is pretty easy to overwhelm a router's resources unless it was very well implemented.

There are things called hardware watchdog timers on alot of higher end equipment, this is an external chip that has to get a regular ping or it will reset the cpu.. the firmware will send a HELLO every second and if it ever stops for longer than a min it knows there is an issue and it auto-resets.. This is much more effective than a software reboot timer, and can be expanded to stop sending a ping if the network is unreachable, etc..

Software reboot timers are a bandaid if you have a slow memory leak that causes a hardlock; if you reset the device regularly it clears out the memory before it ever reaches an unrecoverable state.. If the software is sound and handles memory properly it will never be needed.. I would suggest disabling the software timers unless your actually encountering instability after a certain amount of uptime.

I am pretty sure the Ubiquiti PoE Switches have built in network watchdogs on them, my Ubiquiti EdgeRouter PoE certainly does.; some of the other higher end PoE switches will aswell... you basically configure the switch to ping the camera and if it cant for longer than is acceptable it kills the power for a few moments to force a reboot.

Attachments

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Two routers back, I think it was a linksys, had a reboot schedule in the 'healing' part of the menu. I set it to reboot early every day. I liked that, although it eventually failed, lol. Next was belkin, which didn't have the feature but was fine anyway until I got chrome cast and cast just didn't jive with it well- probably the dongle more than the router was at fault. From there I'm now on a tp-link. Okay I suppose. It's just that while the location is great for my camera gear, it sucks for wifi coverage. I bought an ubiquity enterprise saucer that I'll install upstairs almost center of the whole house and hope that it really brings up the signal everywhere.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
check out the Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite next time, $99 router that can do 1 million packets/s, I am running the PoE version that comes with 3x PoE ports for my WiFi Access points..

It may be quite intimidating to configure for some, but is packed with a ton of features you'd only find in something 5x the cost and uses very little power.