Accessing Camera Web pages when connected through PoE NVR ( Hikvision) Problem!

GMD99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I posted a reply, with my issue, in the sticky at the top of this forum "Hitting cameras web pages with a laptop in an NVR with POE" but now realize that I should probably start my own thread to get better visibility... So here is my issue

Here is what I have:

Hikvision NVR (DS-7632N-E2/8P) - a PoE NVR with 8 ports
Hikvision IP camera (DS-2CD2032-1)

After initially setting up the NVR and camera I realized that I had very little control over the camera in terms of setting things like WDR, Digital Noise Reduction...etc. So I was directed to the thread (the sticky at the top of this forum) as a means of accessing the web pages of the camera connected to the PoE NVR. I followed the instructions and I was successful in accessing the camera's web pages and changing the various parameters.

However, I am also testing the capabilities of the NVR and connected cameras to recover from a power outage, and this is where things start to fall apart! From my limited testing, when I pull the plug on the NVR (literally), to simulate a power outage, the system reboots and starts up as I think it should, with full access to the connected cameras... but only if I have not made any changes to the camera through it's web pages (as explained in the sticky thread)! It appears that if I do make changes to the camera then, upon a reboot from the simulated power outage, the NVR cannot find the camera!​

Interestingly, I can still access the camera's web pages on my laptop but the NVR simply doesn't see the camera (except that it shows that the camera is still drawing power from the PoE port)!

The only way, I have found so far, to get the NVR to recognize the camera again is to do a manual reset of the camera (small button on the back of the camera) which resets the camera to factory settings.

This is an issue for me because of the numerous real power outages in the area where I want to use the NVR/cameras (cottage). Losing full access to the camera, due to a power outage, is a serious problem, not to mention having to manually reset mounted cameras! If the only way to avoid this is to not change any of the camera's settings, then having to accept little control over the camera is also a significant issue! As an example I cannot even change the Day/Night parameters of the camera when I access it through the NVR!

Does anyone else have experience with this?​

shaoalan79

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am having the same problem as you had. Once you changed any of the IPC settings through web access, there might be a chance that the cameras' plug&play function will not work any more. The NVR simply won't recognize the IPC no matter how hard you try. Worse of all, I don't see any physical reset button on my cameras at all. The only thing I can think of that might easily solve the problem is changing the IPC IP back to 192.0.0.64 before you log out through web access.

mjerzy

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same issue as both of you. Power goes out and when it comes back on I can access the cams through their web interface but the NVR doesn't recognize them at all. As with you I have to factory reset the cams for the NVR to recognize them again. What a pain in the butt. If any one has any ideas I'm all ears. My current setup is two Hikvision DS-2cd2032-I ipcams connected to a Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR, the cams are connected directly to the NVR's POE switch. The NVR is on a separate subnet from the ipcams if that matters.

My second issue is with one of my ipcams, it will cause an "Local: abnormal shutdown" according to the logs which causes the NVR to reboot which in turn simulates a power outage and I have to factory reset my cams all over again. If I disconnect the trouble camera I have no issues for weeks/months. When I plug it back in within one day the "abnormal shutdown" occurs.

mjerzy

n3wb
Reaction score
I found my answer to my above problem, first paragraph anyway, here http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/115-Hitting-cameras-web-pages-with-a-laptop-in-an-NVR-with-POE?highlight=directly -post number 8. In the NVR menu I selected "camera setup", clicked the green edit symbol next to the camera that was not recognized by the NVR and in the menu that pops up I changed "plug and play" to manual and left the rest of the options alone then clicked "ok". The NVR now recognized the cam without doing a factory reset.

Regarding paragraph 2 from my previous post, the next time my one cam goes nuts and causes a "abnormal shutdown" according to my logs I am going to do a factory reset on that cam and make all adjustment from the NVR menu and not the camera web page. Have to try something, not sure why that one cam causes my NVR to reboot.