About to buy Hikvision 2732 cameras

David_231

n3wb
Reaction score
Sometimes your just better to buy from someone in the usa. Nelly's has been very good to me with customer support..

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sometimes your just better to buy from someone in the usa. Nelly's has been very good to me with customer support..
I know aliexpress gives really low prices, but paying a little more stateside gives much better rewards should there be any issues. For me as an installer, buying all of my products here and having a 3yr warranty no questions asked, pays dividends in the the end.

bigbadw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I see that I am late to this discussion, but thought I would add my experience with the Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-IS. Based on a recommendation from fenderman (thanks fenderman), I purchased this camera. I am unable to use AliExpress in Washington state (some dispute over taxes and tarrifs), so I picked mine up on Amazon through a Chinese company called "Beour Cufflinks". They are extremely responsive via e-mail and I've now purchased three Hikvision cameras through them. They made sure that it is loaded with English firmware. Shipping took around 20 days, but that was to be expected, coming from China.

My goal with this camera was to replace a Vivotek dome camera that I only had microphone sound with. The idea was that when someone comes to my front door, I want to be alerted they are there, pull up my iPhone Blue Iris app, and both listen to them and talk back through speakers.

I use POE, just like Fenderman recommended, and am not a fan of having my IP cameras working over wifi.

Here is a link to the Amazon product. You will see two companies to purchase it from. I chose the less expensive.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00MVLY8DQ/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all
bigbadw

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.