Able to log into camera GUI but saying no signal??

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a camera that is being installed in a parking lot with no internet. I setup the camera with onboard flash for the recording. I am using a POE injector for power.

When I have a ethernet cable connected from my laptop to the data port on the POE injector and change my nic IP to match the camera, I am able to log into the camera but I get no live video or recorded video. Can I not access the recorded files this way??

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Now I'm wondering If maybe I'll have to by a DC power supply to power the camera so I can use a direct cable from the camera to the laptop nic.. I don't understand why the way I have it now isn't working though.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a camera that is being installed in a parking lot with no internet. I setup the camera with onboard flash for the recording. I am using a POE injector for power.

When I have a ethernet cable connected from my laptop to the data port on the POE injector and change my nic IP to match the camera, I am able to log into the camera but I get no live video or recorded video. Can I not access the recorded files this way??
Try a different browser.
IE, Palemoon 32bit, or Chrome with IE tab extension installed.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok so I tried another laptop with a fresh install of windows 10 and still have the same issue... Yet when I have a ethernet cable connected from my desktop to the data port on the POE injector and change my nic IP to match the camera, I am able to log into the camera and get live video/ recorded video!

I'm so confused and not sure what to try next. I am using the same version of IE down to the build number.

What the hell is going on?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have that exact same issue with that camera.

In my case, for some reason it doesn't like the H265 in the GUI. When I switch it to H264 then I can see it in the GUI. But BI still sees it in H265.

And I have the same issue - one of my computers will see it fine with H265 in the GUI, but the other computer doesn't. Browser, plugins are all the same. I think it is an issue with a graphics driver between different computers.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have that exact same issue with that camera.

In my case, for some reason it doesn't like the H265 in the GUI. When I switch it to H264 then I can see it in the GUI. But BI still sees it in H265.

And I have the same issue - one of my computers will see it fine with H265 in the GUI, but the other computer doesn't. Browser, plugins are all the same. I think it is an issue with a graphics driver between different computers.
THANKS! this has been driving me nuts. I will try changing it back to H264 and see if that works. That would suck because I will prob lose a couple days of recording though...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, I only go to H264 to make tweaks to the cam, and then put it back to H265 LOL. As long as you are using another platform other than the GUI to watch the cam, you are good.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh, I only go to H264 to make tweaks to the cam, and then put it back to H265 LOL. As long as you are using another platform other than the GUI to watch the cam, you are good.
I am setting this up for someone though. Trying to make it as less complicated as possible. I will test to see exactly how much video space I lose, then decide.

PS
You were absolutely correct. changed to H264H and videos popped right up! Thanks so much for jumping in and letting me know. Saved me a ton of trouble shooting!