AB 1139 - Greedy California Corp. & Politician Introduces Another Bill

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Just got the campaign email to Say No - Sounds Like For us in Norther California PG&E - Profit Greed & Evil is at it again !!

Customers' investment in solar energy is at risk, and others who choose rooftop solar in the future may be blocked from accessing the same benefits due to a utility-backed proposal to negate YOUR choice to go solar!
Utilities in California are spreading lies and false statements about net energy metering – all in an attempt to keep their own profits. As a result, California lawmakers are considering Assembly Bill 1139, which would gut your solar investment. If approved, this bill would:
  • Make you pay a new monthly fee of $50-$90 to your utility, just for having solar!
  • Slash your utility bill credit for your excess solar energy from an average of $0.25/kWh to only $0.03/kWh.
This bill could be voted on by ALL Assembly members as early as this Monday, May 24. Set the record straight and contact your assembly person and urge them to vote “NO” to Assembly Bill 1139!

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I thought solar was mandated on all new construction in Commiefornia.
Yes, It is I think any new house since 2020. But now this where they are trying to take away not just net meetring credits but also impose $50-$90 to your utility, just for having solar!

I think only way out of this if this passes is go Off Grid.

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Received a similar email from my Solar Installer. The big thing for me, is when I went Solar 5 years ago, we were 'promised' to be grandfathered in on Net Metering 1.0 for 20 years! Already emailed my Assemblyman

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think If I still wanted to live there and wanted solar I would add a battery bank. Pay them their 50-90 a month and I'll never have a power outage. .. Sound ridiculous but IS cheaper than what your electric bill would be..

Last edited: