A single speaker for multiple cameras

peekaboo

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way through blue Iris to have a single audio out hooked up from one camera going through an amp to an external speaker to speak through, no matter which camera is selected?

The speaker is big enough to be heard from all locations.

I know it’s possible to have the audio stream from other cameras, to be recorded onto a different cameras video feed.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes. Use the Alerts tab and tell it to play an audio file to another camera when the camera is triggered.

peekaboo

n3wb
Reaction score
what about a way to speak using the microphone on Blue iris with the camera that has the speaker audio out connected to it to speak out and two way while any other camera is selected?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah you can do that if you have multi-camera view on, but you will get the mic of whichever camera the speaker is on. But keep in mind that it is more like walkie-talkie talk and you both can't talk at same time and there is a delay and most here don't end up using it other than to tell someone GET OFF MY LAWN lol.

It is difficult to have a conversation with these.

peekaboo

n3wb
Reaction score
ok thank you wittaj
your info with the alerts consolidation was very helpful and becoming aware of the walkie talky effect will also be beneficial.
depending on the pickup clarity of the mic from the alternate locations i may be in for just installing a separate mic and speaker to walkie talkie a little more face to face with the screen window enlarged of the separate/selected camera to get better visual

as a fun aside im thinking a star wars imperial death march wav file to play for 10 seconds or so if a person triggered during a certain time of night instead of the standard warning might be fitting

thanks again for your input