A reminder about night time shots: faces in shade vs faces in light

Reaction score
I have a Dahua 5442 6mm at 6' height (to catch direct angle to faces) set at 1/120 shutter (to lessen motion blur).
I have a many lumen floodlight 50' away (I forget the lumen but it's dang bright).
I also have 3x24vdc LED lights in a light pole from where the camera is mounted, which does not put out MUCH lumens but enough when a face is within 5'.
When folks go about installation cameras for night time purposes, here is a great example of the height/angle of the camera, light source bouncing off someone's face, and a face angled away from the light source. Hence, lower the camera it is places, the more chance of light bouncing off a face. Too high, and you get more shade.
So here we have to folks cruising the street. One's face is in direct view of the floodlight and LED so it reflects nicely. Other person is bowing the head so not in direct view of the floodlight. If it was not for the LED's, the face would be even darker. One face is identifiable to the police. The other is a blur (but looks better in clip than from single frame).
The whole purpose of this camera is to catch a face and/or license plate since vehicles do not go over 10mph here.
And keep in mind, some tinkering is still required for this camera to make it even better. To-Do list #37
EntranceLow x23 2021-12-24 06.22.50.719 PM.jpg