a few q's about setting up the hikvision cam

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
first time setting up any kind of cam.i got the cam 2 days ago and first thing i did was download sadp.i clicked on the dhcp box inside the sadp app so camera can read the router and get its ip settings.then i unchecked the dhcp box.ok so the cam works great within the network.so now for remote viewing when away from the network.i watched some video on youtube on how to remote view from outside the network.i added a photo of the medialink router setting.on the website dvrport.net says port 80 on external ip is open.with the hikvision app for the iphone i connected to the external ip address and i could see the cam away from the network.is that correct? i see wan ip and external ip as same address so im guessing they are the same thing.when viewing cam from outside the network do i connect to the cam's ip address or the external ip address? also how do i edit the camera 1 letters and change the date? i'm no tech wizard so bare with me :)

hikvison cam 1103

comcast modem sb 6121

medialink router wapr150n

tp link tl-sf1008p

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What are you recording your cameras to if anything?
For the hikvision app to view video remotely you only need to forward port 8000 not the others..
When you are remote you will need to use the external ip which is the same as the wan ip address..this address will change unless you are paying extra for a static ip address..to work around this you need to use a dynamic dns service like no-ip or dyndns...hikvision also has its own free service that you can sign up for.