A few cameras I forget the IP of and now cannot add them.

Phil Indeblanc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What do I do if I cannot recall the IP of a couple cameras, and BI cannot add or find them?
This part of the process has been the most frustrating for me, and I was good about writing down most of them, but a few I missed.

Do we have on this forum a camera by MFG list and their default IP? At least this way we can try and reset to default settings and add/change?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You could log into your router and see the connected devices and their respective IP addresses.

Edcfish

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Using the information in your router's connected devices would be my 1st choice, but if you have many devices connected it could be a bit of detective work to figure out what are the cameras.

As another option, ONVIF Device Manager may be useful in this situation.
It will scan your local network and list any IP cameras it finds.

Phil Indeblanc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, I will try again witht eh Router ID/IP, but I think the admin login I may have issues with as well.
I have over 20 cams, and there are 3 that are like this.

One of them is the OnWote PTZ. Great camera. The other is a MOrphXStar and the other is Inesun. All 3 are great cameras as I've used them outdoors for over a year now, But I changed their default IP/PW login on the others.
This stuff is NOT like riding a bike, and I used to be a IT level 3 analyst, lol!

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
If the cam has been hardcoded to some incompatible IP, it won't show up in your router's connected or dhcp client lists, so you need to find it at a lower layer on the OSI stack.
Sometimes these off-brand cams will show up in Hikvision SADPTool or Dahua's ConfigTool. Or they have their own 'find my camera' software that can be downloaded and run to find cams that may not have an IP address that works on your network.

failing that, I often find cam IP's by connecting them directly to a laptop or other PC's ethernet port and run a packet capture (WireShark, for example) while the camera boots up. Among other things (possibly Bootp/DHCP requests) youll see ARP requests that will identify the IP the cam is using...

Phil Indeblanc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If the cam has been hardcoded to some incompatible IP, it won't show up in your router's connected or dhcp client lists, so you need to find it at a lower layer on the OSI stack.
Sometimes these off-brand cams will show up in Hikvision SADPTool or Dahua's ConfigTool. Or they have their own 'find my camera' software that can be downloaded and run to find cams that may not have an IP address that works on your network.

failing that, I often find cam IP's by connecting them directly to a laptop or other PC's ethernet port and run a packet capture (WireShark, for example) while the camera boots up. Among other things (possibly Bootp/DHCP requests) youll see ARP requests that will identify the IP the cam is using...
Beautiful!!!!