A couple of layout questions

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I suspect the answer to these questions may be "no", but here goes anyway:

• Is it possible to create completely custom layouts (resize each camera/view, and place them wherever on-screen) and keep/save the layout when BI is restarted?
  • With the set layouts, is it possible to "flip" the layout so the larger cameras/views are on the right of the screen rather than the left?

Thanks! :)

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I suspect the answer to these questions may be "no", but here goes anyway:

• Is it possible to create completely custom layouts (resize each camera/view, and place them wherever on-screen) and keep/save the layout when BI is restarted?
  • With the set layouts, is it possible to "flip" the layout so the larger cameras/views are on the right of the screen rather than the left?

Thanks! :)
Blue Iris software can do both of those things easy-pleasy, I know for sure because I do exactly that. :cool:

I have a TV (47 inch Samsung LED) dedicated to the cameras, I have the cameras layed out exactly how I like it using the "show on desktop" feature. If you're talking inside the BI viewer window (which I don't use) it is NOT possible - all automatic.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Perfect, thanks Zxel! That's just the tip I needed. :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can move the cameras around in the BI window just drag them (make sure drag lock is not enabled)...you can also re-size them using the anamorphic force size option in each camera (you need to manually enter the size-you will only get a limited amount of size on the drop down, but you can enter any size)..

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can move the cameras around in the BI window just drag them (make sure drag lock is not enabled)...you can also re-size them using the anamorphic force size option in each camera (you need to manually enter the size-you will only get a limited amount of size on the drop down, but you can enter any size)..
Wow! I was running my cams @ 2mp because of the 1920x1080 filled the whole frame. Now I can run 3mp! HOT DOG! :cool:
Thanks fenderman! You d 5hit!

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried AOI? I don't know if it's a bug or meant to be this way. When using it, the live view is fine that is what I selected (put a rectangle around).
But the recording/video is not. It's just normal view. Is this normal or a bug?

Last edited by a moderator:

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman, great stuff, I'll give that a go too!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried AOI? I don't know if it's a bug or meant to be this way. When using it, the live view is fine that is what I selected (put a rectangle around).
But the recording/video is not. It's just normal view. Is this normal or a bug?
This seems to be a bug..you should email Ken and see what he says..

Zxel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you can also re-size them using the anamorphic force size option in each camera (you need to manually enter the size-you will only get a limited amount of size on the drop down, but you can enter any size)..
Now that is new knowledge for me, awesome, thanks for the tip. :D