90 degree PoE indoor camera in corner

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a motion sensor in the corner of a wall & ceiling that I want to replace with a PoE camera. See attached image. Hopefully the next couple of weeks I will open the wall and pull some Ethernet cable to that location (same place where the other cable for the motion sensor is currently coming out). The camera should be covering an angle of 90 degrees. There will be some low dimmed lights on all the time about 30 feet away. Ideally, the camera has some built-in IR light that can reach at least 30 feet. The sole purpose of the camera is to have motion detection (used for home automation and for security to detect motion) and to see where our dog is. There is no intention to use this for face recognition or anything like that. It will be used with BlueIris. What camera would you recommend for something like that?

Attachments

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
There are lots of options for this. What form factor are you going for?

I use both of these inside of my house. You will want 3.6mm for 90* FOV.

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am intrigued about the T54IR-AS-S31. Does it actually have IR? It's hard to see from the image but the description says it does. Also would 3.6mm cover 90 degrees? I have some 2.8mm cams and they seem to cover a bit more than 90 degrees but I rather have more than 90 than less than 90 degrees. I really need that 90 degree coverage.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I am intrigued about the T54IR-AS-S31. Does it actually have IR? It's hard to see from the image but the description says it does. Also would 3.6mm cover 90 degrees? I have some 2.8mm cams and they seem to cover a bit more than 90 degrees but I rather have more than 90 than less than 90 degrees. I really need that 90 degree coverage.
Yes. The IR LEDs just aren't a visible ring of hardware around the lens like you are probably used to.

These are both 5442-AS (T54IR-AS) in 3.6mm at a height of about 9'.
Front_Porch 2023-01-06 04.48.43.356 PM.jpgFront Door.jpg