8 GB files for 10 sec rec! - Synology Surveillance Station and Huisun 10x PTZ

dala

n3wb
Reaction score
I use Synology's Surveillance Station for recording from my two cameras, Hikvision 2142 and the popular Huisun 10x PTZ. Recordings are triggered by motion detection detected by SSS and that works ok. Hik is conneted to SSS with native Hikvision protocol (selected 2132) and the Huisun by ONVIF.

The odd thing happening is that recordings from the Huisun get huge i terms of file size. All of them ends up in the 8600MB to 8800MB range, no matter how long they are. Checking the SSS GUI during a recording show normal (around 50kB) file size increase for each second and a 10 sec is about 500kB during recording. Once the recording stops file size immediately jumps up from 500kb to the 8600MB. The other cam, Hik 2142, does not have this problem, file sizes are normal.

Not sure if this is a Huisun or SSS problem but it makes it more or less impossible to use the Huisun with SSS as it eats all the disk space in a few days.

Any thoughts?

luisma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dala I am not 100% sure but I think it comes from having the audio on, disable audio and I think you will see it come down to normal size. It happen to me and that's why i did. Hope it helps.

Luis

dala

n3wb
Reaction score
@luisma, many thanks, disabling audio solved the problem. Average file size is now 2MB instead of 8800MB :)

Last edited by a moderator: