7210w

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the IPCC-7210W? I feel like the 3X zoom just doesn't work like it should. If I zoom all the way in...I SHOULD be able to focus it where it's at. Not the case...just a blur. I'm focusing all the way in on an area about 25 foot away and I can't pull the focus in.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the IPCC-7210W? I feel like the 3X zoom just doesn't work like it should. If I zoom all the way in...I SHOULD be able to focus it where it's at. Not the case...just a blur. I'm focusing all the way in on an area about 25 foot away and I can't pull the focus in.
Welcome to the forum...focus issues are a common problem with low end ptz's...a firmware update may help...contact the seller or manufacture..

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...focus issues are a common problem with low end ptz's...a firmware update may help...contact the seller or manufacture..
Unfortunately...that didn't help. They acted like it was normal....LOL...if you have 3X zoom..it should focus in...Based on this ones performance...wouldn't recommend it!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately...that didn't help. They acted like it was normal....LOL...if you have 3X zoom..it should focus in...Based on this ones performance...wouldn't recommend it!
Depending on your use case you are probably better off with two fixed cameras...what are you using the camera for?

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is a camera that's being used as a surf cam...so PTZ is needed in this particular circumstance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Luckily I didn't buy 2 :) I did go with a better camera for security, http://wrightwoodsurveillance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_16&products_id=369 it's 12X and is an awesome camera. I'm just a little annoyed that 3X doesn't mean...3X
Note that 12x camera does not have IR leds (if you need it)....you can use external IR leds with it since it does have a cut filter...
Also the 4x hikvision has a much wider field of view at its widest vs the 12x if this is important for your application.

Reaction score
Thanks for pointing that out. We have a very well lit parking lot so IR isn't needed. I might end up buying the Hikvision to replace the IPCC camera at some point. The Hikvision cameras we have are AWESOME!

Reaction score
One thing I just though of...I didn't check nor did I pull off any plastic protective film covering from the lens...IF that's still on there then it would give me the effect of not being able to focus...worth going back up and making sure I guess.

bostonian

n3wb
Reaction score
The IPCC-7210W Ver 2 has 4x Optical Zoom, Autofocus and is ONVIF compatible. I have a couple of those and the IPCC-9610, all of them from IPCam-Central.com. They all work great with BlueIris. I had a configuration issue with Blueiris presets and called their customer service line. Fist i was surprised since they picked up the phone, and it took them 5 minutes to do a remote session and solve my issue. Great service

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
First rule of focus. Take off the plastic protective film. Second rule? Never ever repeat this story... :)

Some varifocal cams have a focus calibration sequence they can run if things get out of sync. I have no idea if hat cam does or how to start it, but if your tech support doesn't know then that cam probably can't do it. Just throwing that out in case you have clueless tech support.