7060 micro useful?

RUMBLESTRIP

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have an optiplex 7060 micro, and I’m wanting to setup a new bi pc and also run home assistant. Is the micro format usable, or would I be better off getting a larger pc? I’m not even certain I can add another network to the micro, or if it has the hardware to be effective for home assistant.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have an optiplex 7060 micro, and I’m wanting to setup a new bi pc and also run home assistant. Is the micro format usable, or would I be better off getting a larger pc? I’m not even certain I can add another network to the micro, or if it has the hardware to be effective for home assistant.
Depends on what it has for a CPU, it has the Celeron or Pentium CPU instead of an 8th gen i5 or i7, not very useful. Even with a better CPU thermal throttling could be an issue but the biggest downside is no internal drive bays so you have to use an external hard drive.

RUMBLESTRIP

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am running an i5-7400 now, and It’s always seemed a bit sluggish. I only need 8 4mp cams full stream recording straight to 2 14tb drives. I’ve always had lost frames when triggered and wonder if the cpu wasn’t part of the problem. Would an 8th or 9th gen be better and more future proof?

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am running an i5-7400 now, and It’s always seemed a bit sluggish. I only need 8 4mp cams full stream recording straight to 2 14tb drives. I’ve always had lost frames when triggered and wonder if the cpu wasn’t part of the problem. Would an 8th or 9th gen be better and more future proof?
Check for blue iris tuning and efficiency settings .. check performance monitor and see if you are getting bottle necks on cpu disk network or memory ..

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In general the micro dell form factor is not well like for blue iris .. often cpu is a mobile version and limited compute power vs desktop version, and not enough space for a 3.5" hdd .. thus most prefer a sff or mt instead