6AE830VNI Setup

ParisL

n3wb
Reaction score
I just picked up the Dahua 6AE830VNI, and unlike every other camera I've ever had, it has quite a bit more to it...

I'm looking in the user manual and see things like Baud rate, Dial Switch, etc. Does this apply to the PoE version? The manual does seem to be generic for multiple versions of the camera.

Do I have to set all of that stuff up even if I use Hi-PoE? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I just picked up the Dahua 6AE830VNI, and unlike every other camera I've ever had, it has quite a bit more to it...

I'm looking in the user manual and see things like Baud rate, Dial Switch, etc. Does this apply to the PoE version? The manual does seem to be generic for multiple versions of the camera.

Do I have to set all of that stuff up even if I use Hi-PoE? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
where did u purchase this?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
USA, bought from a friend who bought a few of them a couple years ago and never installed because he didn't know how to install them either :rofl:
take some pics of the cameras, and ur setup

ParisL

n3wb
Reaction score
take some pics of the cameras, and ur setup
Nothing is connected or set up.

I'm just trying to get them powered on at this point on my workbench. I don't even know how to power them on. I've set up several PoE cameras, and normally I have no issues setting them up (with the exception of when I had to fine-tune my LPR).

This one is Hi-PoE, so it might be a bit different. That being said, if I use Hi-PoE, other than needing a Hi-PoE Injector (e.g. ), do I need anything else? Or would the ethernet cable with Hi-PoE be the only thing that I would need to connect?

Thanks.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Nothing is connected or set up.

I'm just trying to get them powered on at this point on my workbench. I don't even know how to power them on. I've set up several PoE cameras, and normally I have no issues setting them up (with the exception of when I had to fine-tune my LPR).

This one is Hi-PoE, so it might be a bit different. That being said, if I use Hi-PoE, other than needing a Hi-PoE Injector (e.g. ), do I need anything else? Or would the ethernet cable with Hi-PoE be the only thing that I would need to connect?

Thanks.
Hi POE is def not a standard, thats why I wanted to see the actual camera

ParisL

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi POE is def not a standard, thats why I wanted to see the actual camera
Sure thing, give me a sec I'll try and get a picture for ya. Thanks!

It does say Hi-PoE supported on all of the websites I've seen, as well as the Dahua Wiki.

But I will go grab the pictures now and report back momentarily.

ParisL

n3wb
Reaction score
@flynreelow, see pics below.
EDIT: Also, on the Dahua box, it says "Hi-PoE". Added this picture.

da1.jpg
da2.jpg
dahua3.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
This was a top of the line PTZ just a few years ago but compaired to todays PTZ's this is EOL.

It does have a great image with a good zoom, although you may not be able to view this cam with a newer browser and may need to use IE as the FW updates has been long been abandoned.

This was my favorite cam until the network board died on it and lost connection. Dahua was unable to save it when I sent it for RMA.

This cam can run on 24v AC /3A or Hi PoE and normally comes with the PSU.
As TonyR said above the settings you are asking about you will not use.

Attachments

Last edited: