5ghz point to point wireless bridge 700' to remote cameras

00Buck

Known around here
Reaction score
I have been following the forum for a while but this is my first post. I installed a 5ghz 250mw+19db (mikrotik) High Power A/n Wireless Point To Point bridge to my mother in laws house to monitor 2 ip cameras (Dahua IPC-HFW3200 IP) and (Hikvision 2CD2032F-I). She is 85 and goes out to feed the
cats and squirrels. I added a wireless router so my wife has internet when she is over there. The cameras are POE and everything is on a small ups so they will run for a while during a power outage. The Hikvision is mounted on a tree
limb and from there we can see the lights in the rooms of the house. I need to clean the cobwebs off the Hikvision.

Porch.jpgBack Yard.jpg

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like it is working nicely for you. I'm curious as to why the doorstep camera is pointed straight down though. Good for checking for packages but not so good for visitors' faces.

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i wanna say its in case she falls on the ground ....will wait and see what he says

00Buck

Known around here
Reaction score
The only visitors are cats and squirrels, There is a awning that covers most of the step and we mainly use it to make sure the mother in law gets in and out ok when she goes out to feed them.
Feeding them is the main thing she enjoys at her age.