5442 varifocal - How to set a manual shutter speed (e.g. 1/60)?

ipmania

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've read about how some people have set the shutter speed on an older 2MP camera to 1/60 in order to freeze a car and capture its license plate. I tried looking for the place in the menu system of my Andy 5442 varifocal for a place to make such a setting change but couldn't find it. Could someone tell me how to do that?

Related, in photography, if I set a manual shutter speed and then the lighting conditions change, then there will need to be a corresponding change in the "exposure triangle" to ensure that the picture is neither over- nor under-exposed. E.g there will need to be an aperture and/or ISO change. Is there a similar feature in this 5442 varifocal? How about in the general case of IP security cameras, e.g. a lesser make and model of camera?

Ideally, there's be a setting for a MINIMUM shutter speed, e.g. 1/60 such that a camera will not go below it and smear/blur people at night but when the day turns into a clear and sunny day, then the video won't get overexposed (e.g. the camera will increase the shutter speed to reduce the incoming light). I'm not sure if security cameras are that "smart". I've found most photography cameras don't offer this feature or don't implement it well.

ipmania

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Furthermore, I didn't know or would not have even realized there was a "customized range" of desired shutter speeds because I wouldn't have scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the shutter speed options. So thanks again, @Flintstone61

Related: is there a detailed manual for the 5442 somewhere? (i.e., what else am I not aware of (other than nearly everything!))