Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210415-220106.pngScreenshot_20210415-220319.png
Top-3241
Bottom-5442

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll have to do some more testing today to see if this theory is correct or not.
Well I too was getting all kinds of "False" alerts again last night, so as Looney and others pointed out, the "Record" and "Snapshot" settings do not effect the AI triggers. It must have been dumb luck that it seemed to make a difference on my system yesterday. Sorry about the false hope!

I will say that I am not running the latest version of BI because my subscription has run out. I haven't had a reason to upgrade (as everything was working as expected) but I really do need to bite the bullet and upgrade. I'm not sure if this will help or not, but it needs to happen regardless. Hopefully I can find the time to do that over the weekend.

PS - I am running the same "latest firmware" on the camera as Looney and others too.

Last edited:

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So out of the blue this morning, the bush cam starts triggering IVS motion alerts labeled as ONVIF and external. Well, maybe not out of the blue. I changed the discovery/ONVIF port to 80 from 443. 99% are ONVIF labeled though. Just like my driveway cam, the alerts are from anywhere in the screen and not from the defined areas I have in place. I think I still might update the 5442 bush camera when I get a chance. Maybe even the 3241. Could BI be the issue also? I'm on version 5.3.0.3. Just need to pay for an upgrade that I've been slacking on doing.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it is external, that would be from the camera.

I forget, do you have an SD card in there that you can playback with the IVS rules on from the camera GUI and see if you can find what is triggering it.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Bit of a long shot and clutching with staws! I had the same issue sometime ago. It turned out to be the audio fluctuations being recorded and causing silly notifications.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
^^^ Make sure audio triggers are shut off, unless you want them, and make sure SMD is shut off in the camera. When I set up a Dahua camera I routinely go in and shut off SMD and clear all the detection zones. I have fooled with SMD a few times but like IVS much better.

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If it is external, that would be from the camera.

I forget, do you have an SD card in there that you can playback with the IVS rules on from the camera GUI and see if you can find what is triggering it.
I don't have a sd card but should probably get one or two.
^^^ Make sure audio triggers are shut off, unless you want them, and make sure SMD is shut off in the camera. When I set up a Dahua camera I routinely go in and shut off SMD and clear all the detection zones. I have fooled with SMD a few times but like IVS much better.
I'm just working with IVS. Nothing else is on.

I have noticed a trend in the few hundred alerts I have received I the past few days though. Every time a car passes on the street I get a alert and as of this morning that now goes for both cameras. I do have human/vehicle checked but have intrusion zones nowhere near the street. In the intrusion zone alerts can come back as both but mostly ONVIF.

The hunt for the problem continues.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I guess try the ole reboot and if that doesn't do it, then a factory reset. Sometimes they get wonky and a reboot or reset do the trick.

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, so a factory reset would be holding the button on the cam and plugging it back in and the reboot would be a turn off and on? Just wanna make sure I get the terminology correct with the action I guess.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have a sd card but should probably get one or two.

I'm just working with IVS. Nothing else is on.

I have noticed a trend in the few hundred alerts I have received I the past few days though. Every time a car passes on the street I get a alert and as of this morning that now goes for both cameras. I do have human/vehicle checked but have intrusion zones nowhere near the street. In the intrusion zone alerts can come back as both but mostly ONVIF.

The hunt for the problem continues.
When using IVS and ONVIF, for some reason, Motion detection will get turned back on, when changes are made to said camera in BI. Be sure you clear out the motion zone, in the cam settings, and turn the sensitivity all the way down.

shannondalebreaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, so I deleted the bush cam and brought it back on line and still no motion trigger with the IVS. Also, why does it wipe out the whole recording timeline when you delete and re add the camera? The driveway cam is also being a pain. I tried making a minimum size to not trigger at and it was still triggering for bugs flying past and sometimes nothing at all it seems like. ArrrrghView attachment 86928
How youe have your cameras have diff colors?

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I did a reboot on both cameras and it seems like it made no difference.
When using IVS and ONVIF, for some reason, Motion detection will get turned back on, when changes are made to said camera in BI. Be sure you clear out the motion zone, in the cam settings, and turn the sensitivity all the way down.
Are you talking about motion and sensitivity in BI?
How youe have your cameras have diff colors?
Are you talking about at the top of the individual cameras? I think I changed them to be able to tell them apart on the time line.

shannondalebreaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Are you talking about at the top of the individual cameras? I think I changed them to be able to tell them apart on the time line.
Oh yep I see now I was able to change mine as well didn't know you could do that the stuff is endless you can do with BI crazy !

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

No, as stated in my previous "be sure you clear out the motion zone, in the cam settings"

I highly recommend, that anyone new to Blue Iris, sit down, read the BI helpfile in its entirety, then read it again.

grumpywilson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, so it's been almost a month and I've been doing a whole lot of reading and re-reading and re-reading and a lot of processing what I read. I also did a few factory resets and reboots on the problem cameras which did nothing. I moved on and did firmware upgrades on both cameras(thanks Andy)and had no change. Actually I went from having alerts every few seconds or so to none after the firmware update. The next step I took was to update BI. You guessed it, that did nothing too. Well it probably did somewhere along the line.

This morning, I was doing some more reading about ONVIF source and decided to start using sub feeds. Not that I really needed to. CPU was only at 10-12% now it's at about 5%. It turns out that it was the final trick to get the IVS to work correctly. So far everything is working perfectly. I'm glad I finally got it working. And again, thanks for the help from everyone.