5442+ IPC-Color4K-T strange behaviour with Blue Iris

f1restarter

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a 5442 and a IPC-color4k-t along with a couple of other cameras on Blue Iris.

I have them set up as many others here with IVS doing the triggering and having Blue Iris sending http commands to change between day and night profiles according to sunrise/sunset. (Even the 4K-T is set up that way, thanks to wittaj that provided the special http commands that is needed for those newer Dahuas)

I suddenly noticed that none of the Dahuas were triggering BI anymore. I also got "thousands" of yellow warnings continously counting in the BI log with "events: subscription: 00000190"

The only change I did prior to this was: this sunday I logged in to both cameras web interface to adjust the internal clock (I use cameras own overlay, and they are on a separate VLan without internet access.) and did some minor adjustments to the image conditions which I have done many times before, also using Chrome browser. I am not sure if this is what caused it...

The first thing I tried was resetting everything, then Factory defaulting the 5442 cam using IE browser only (yes, 3 times), setting the camera including IVS up from scratch in browser before deleting and adding the camera again in BI. That did not help so I rolled back to a previous BI version to eliminate that also. Still no success.. Started reading a lot of threads on this forum, and one suggestion I found was disabling ONVIF authentication in the cameras web interface:
onvifauthoff.png

(I had already checked that the ONVIF user had the same admin user/pass in the cameras setup)

Anyway, that solved the issue I had and IVS triggering to Blue Iris is working perfect again. Funny thing is i had to do that for both cameras, even if they use a completely differen web GUI

However, a new problem has occured. Sending http commands to my 5442 from blue iris to switch between day/night modes is no longer working. On the 4k-T it is still working.
I have tried "everything" including the "find/inspect" button in BI to refresh the ONVIF values.

Any ideas appreciated

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the update.

As many places exist that can be configured, it would be great to know what the defaults are after reset. I guess the best we can do is export the config we are satisfied with to a file and name that file uniquely so it can be uploaded to the cam later if need be...like after a reset. :cool:

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
The only change I did prior to this was: this sunday I logged in to both cameras web interface to adjust the internal clock (I use cameras own overlay, and they are on a separate VLan without internet access.)
Do you have two NIC's in your BI server? If so, you can enable your BI to be a time server. The forward facing NIC is used to sync with Internet time servers. The other NIC for your cams will serve time to anything you on the camera network that you point to it.

f1restarter

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you have two NIC's in your BI server? If so, you can enable your BI to be a time server. The forward facing NIC is used to sync with Internet time servers. The other NIC for your cams will serve time to anything you on the camera network that you point to it.

Thanks, I'll look into that.
I dont run dual NICs because I have several buildings with ip cameras on my property. It would be hard to run cables from all cameras between buildings. I run fiber between buildings and into managed switches with sfp uplinks. All my cameras are on a separate subnet/vlan that does not have internet access but are reachable from my admin LAN