5232-16p “network disconnected”

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am working on setting up a system and I am getting very intermittent video feeds from my cameras.

All my cameras are IPC-B5442E-ZE’s.

As I’m watching on my monitor the cameras keep popping up with a blank screen as “network disconnected” or as a screen saying “failed to find network host” or as a blank screen that says nothing and only the password icon….

Any suggestions?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are the cameras using the POE ports on the back of the NVR?

Did you plug them all in at the same time?

Are you trying to manually add them or letting the NVR find them?

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are the cameras using the POE ports on the back of the NVR?

Did you plug them all in at the same time?

Are you trying to manually add them or letting the NVR find them?
I had a power surge this summer that took out my NVR and a few cameras. It ended up that some of the camera's were fine, some were not. I replaced the bad camera's and have added several more.

No, From the LAN on the NVR I have a line going to one out building with a POE switch for two cameras, then from that switch a I have a line going to another out building with a POE switch that has 10 camera's

The older camera's I had to manually add a few, and some of them the NVR was able to find. For the new ones the NVR found them.

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am considering doing a complete reset of the NVR and camera's and essentially starting over. From my understanding I need to press the button on the board of the NVR until it beeps. (Is that correct?)

Then for the camera's do I need to pull the cover off where a SD card goes and press that reset button? For this I am assuming the camera's need to be connected to the POE switch.