5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90-AVOID LONGSE JUNK

Danfozzy85

n3wb
Reaction score
See pic above. That's 4 inches square base and it barely fits
How deep would the Base need to be to fit the cables and POE adapter?

Is there a standard for the screw fittings or is it whatever each company produces?

Edit: I've found a base that is designed for 119x98mm. The camera size is advertised as 120x100mm on the longse site. Its a couple of mm out but Im willing to give it a go.

Screenshot_20160506-212426.png

Last edited by a moderator:

kasperskie

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a Dahua NVR such as the 52xx-4KS2 products can pickup motion detection events from the S500 cam ?

Danfozzy85

n3wb
Reaction score
I've received my cams today. seems I've got a different flavour of the s500, not what I ordered but at least it's the same sensors

Little bit miffed about it as I ordered 5 and not one is the model as shown on the orginals post on here or what the longse rep showed me.

Not sure if I should try send them back or keep them...

Attachments

Danfozzy85

n3wb
Reaction score
Invoice says lirdnts500.

Not sure what the differences are. They have the same sensor

Noticed the IR distance is 30M as opposed to 40M

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, just different body/IRs. Check what resolution you have, as long as it's 5MP then you are ok

Danfozzy85

n3wb
Reaction score
What is the differences between the IR of my model and the one you have? I'm really starting to feel gutted about not getting what I asked for...

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Different IR, you can tell from the pictures. Smaller IRs usually weaker then couple larger IRs... but I wouldn't worry about IR power, the cam sensor would make up for it, if anything I would prefer to have weaker IR on mine as it causes some white out if up close.

Danfozzy85

n3wb
Reaction score
OK I'll have a play over the next few days and post results to have a little review of this flavour of the s500

stoney7713

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@klasipca is right, sometimes the large IR's will cause white out, not good if your are using it for a door cam and such.

Genius

n3wb
Reaction score
Finally my LBK60S500 arrived. Actually im playing a bit in the settings.
Is there an option that the IR led stay off? When I go to the "Image" menu, there is an "On / Off IRLED" option, but if I mark Off and hit OK button the IRLED still turns on, when it's dark.

Any ideas?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
There is no option to disable IR at least in mine. Can you post screenshot?

Genius

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay than I also understand, why this Option is so far away from the others.

Have a look on the screenshot here:

Guess this option is only shown, if your resolution is higher than FHD. If I make the window smaller, it disappears.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Oh this is weird, must be a bug or they tried to implement. I will have a look in mine. What firmware are you running?

Genius

n3wb
Reaction score
Yup, guess you are right. Would be great if this feature gets implemented.

Firmware: 3516A_IMX178_X_5.1.51.3
Software Version: 5.1.50.1

gadgetry

n3wb
Reaction score
OK I'll have a play over the next few days and post results to have a little review of this flavour of the s500
@Danfozzy85 - Now that you've had them a little while, can you give any feedback on the slightly different version that you received?

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Danfozzy85 - Now that you've had them a little while, can you give any feedback on the slightly different version that you received?
I am curious too. I'm in the middle of a purchase request from Longse and was worried that the link I followed did not show a 40mIR, its 20m. What a disaster its been trying to order.

Velogopher

n3wb
Reaction score
Ordered from klasipca's link in post #6 on the 5/19. Marked as shipped in 5/20. First delivery attempt was yesterday (5/25). Looking forward to seeing how this performs in my environment.