5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90-AVOID LONGSE JUNK

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I believe it was 5000 but let me say this. The settings have not changed or been touched for a while and this just started all by itself. It is not the only camera on the network but IS the only one performing this way. I did resolve it by turning down fps to 12 and decreasing frame rate to 3000. The night image still sucks and it appears that the overall image is becoming less and less sharp. Definitely weird.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do not have that option. Maybe I'm on a different FW. 5.1.50.1
Have you considered to up grading to the more recent firmware which @klasipca has procured? I did and it successfully updated the FW for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry, I read the rong line. M FW is 5.1.51.3 Its the latest on Herospeed.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you considered to up grading to the more recent firmware which @klasipca has procured? I did and it successfully updated the FW for me.
Just did and realized I had the latest. I posted the SW version, not the FW. (5.1.51.3)

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do not have that option. Maybe I'm on a different FW. 5.1.50.1
Possibly you looking at the camera Windows management utility which is not what I'm referring to? Rather, I'm talking about logging into your camera's IP address with IE11, and then navigating to...

Configuration > Video > Profile

...to determine which "Profile" your camera is loading (Baseline," "Main" or "High").

Next, your camera's "Firmware" version is displayed by navigating to...

System > Device Information > Firmware

My camera shows the "Firmware" string: 3516A_IMX178_W_6.1.25.3

I'm not too certain we are on the same page @rcirz? Are we?

morpheus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

It would have been better for the /snap.jpg to have been retained with an authentication requirement as opposed to being removed completely.
But for those who want it back, even in an insecure way, here is one way it could be done:
thank you very much, it works. :)

morpheus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i can change the WDR-Setting (Image/Sensor Linear WDR) on my S500 to whatever i want, there is no difference in the image.
If i change the Ircut Mode to B/W the image stays in color.
Is this normal?
With the new firmware both works. :)

morpheus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Of course, i wouldn't thank alastairstevenson for the hack to activate the /snap.jpg if i would use a other firmware. ;-)

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Im lost. Is that a gui that is on the cam already, or is it loaded? Sorry to be so green.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My response from the manufacturer is that my ghosting issue is my pc. Either the processor is inadequate or the graphics card is lacking. Smfh! Blue Iris never shows the CPU higher than 30%. The overall image suckery of the camera has nothing to do with the pc. They came to their conclusion by my uploaded image. Thats impressive. Ring around the rosie bs. I will be shopping for a replacement soon.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Im lost. Is that a gui that is on the cam already, or is it loaded? Sorry to be so green.
1) Let's assume that your camera has the ip address 192.168.1.200

2) Start Internet Explorer 11

3) Enter 192.168.1.200 in IE11's URL address bar and press enter

4) Your camera's login screen should load

5) If you have any issues or anomalies, add "192.168.1.200" into Internet Explorer 11's: Internet Options > Security > Sites > Advanced > Add This Website To The Zone

6) Try the login procedure again (Enter 192.168.1.200 in IE11's URL address bar and press enter)

After you login the camera web interface should load (as shown in the screenshots above)

Report back here please. :)