5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90-AVOID LONGSE JUNK

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't mess with image settings because it seems to make things worse, so I simply reset the cam and use default settings. Only things I change is bit rate and h264

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using a Hikvision nvr, 7608, motion detection doesn't work reliably for me, it picks up most things but it'll miss big events like a car driving right in front of it.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I'm using a Hikvision nvr, 7608, motion detection doesn't work reliably for me, it picks up most things but it'll miss big events like a car driving right in front of it.
I use motion detection via web ui of the cam, it works perfectly.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes i noticed the same actually, since i chaned the dnr settings the image is even worse then before.
so i thought, id copy the settings from the other cam, or set them on Auto but it is very grainy.
It is sharper then the hikvision and dahua cams but not even near your image.

The other cam that is inside is good but thats because its very bright lighted with IR reflection.
Not sure if the cam that is producing the grainy image has trouble with light.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
yes, leave DNR setting by default, rebooting cam should clear things too if not reset it and leave all default.

jamesf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, it works with Hikvision NVR (I have 7608) using regular onvif profile
Thanks guys. I'm going in for 2 from the Alibaba link klasipca posted!....

Bazooka302

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since the turret version is not waterproof, looks like I'm going to have to get the bullet...

http://longse.en.alibaba.com/product/60401597284-800660675/LONGSE_NEW_5MP_SONY_SENSOR_HISILICON_Hi3516A_IP_CAMERA_WITH_POE_LBK60S500_92.html

If I buy through the alibaba site, how much extra is shipping (to USA)?
Does anyone know the approximate field of view angle with the standard 3.6mm lens?
Are other lenses available with this model?

Thanks,
Joe
The turret is definitely waterproof, just not mentioned for whatever reason.

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since the turret version is not waterproof, looks like I'm going to have to get the bullet...

http://longse.en.alibaba.com/product/60401597284-800660675/LONGSE_NEW_5MP_SONY_SENSOR_HISILICON_Hi3516A_IP_CAMERA_WITH_POE_LBK60S500_92.html

If I buy through the alibaba site, how much extra is shipping (to USA)?
Does anyone know the approximate field of view angle with the standard 3.6mm lens?
Are other lenses available with this model?

Thanks,
Joe
I've been in contact with AlexCantonk through Private Message and email and has been very quick with replies. You can maybe ask him these questions as he sells the same stuff.

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Turret is water tight. If you look inside there is a gasket where they screw together and the cord has a seal and some goop (silicone?) inside. I wouldn't worry about putting it exposed to rain.

Bazooka302

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Great, then I'll get the turret, better match for my Hikvision turrets. Any FOV measurements?

Joe

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
@fenderman all their turrets are 3-axis, it adjusts exactly the same as Hikvision turret which is considered 3-axis as well. So they probably misunderstood your question.

Last edited by a moderator:

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the bullet version, or 1 of them , this is the smallest model i guess but i am not very impressed with the image.
Also it has very little IR bleeding compared to my other 2 cams from longse.

@ klaspica, i have rebooted it and it seems better/good, thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman all their turrets are 3-axis, it adjusts exactly the same as Hikvision turret which is considered 3-axis as well. So they probably misunderstood your question.
Yes, he sent me a video last night showing the three axis rotation...perhaps he thought I was talking about the lens itself.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
yes i noticed the same actually, since i chaned the dnr settings the image is even worse then before.
so i thought, id copy the settings from the other cam, or set them on Auto but it is very grainy.
It is sharper then the hikvision and dahua cams but not even near your image.

The other cam that is inside is good but thats because its very bright lighted with IR reflection.
Not sure if the cam that is producing the grainy image has trouble with light.
I left DNR setting alone in auto, it's fine, as soon as you set it to manual and start making changes going back to auto results in bad image.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
talking with china vendors is always a bunch of fun, one of my latest replies was: 'What is Mac OSX?', to which I found another vendor.

Dragon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone found a version of this camera with an Alarm I/O connection for PIR motion sensor triggering from a reputable seller?

Also, does the camera have video playback features in its UI? I didn't see a playback icon when klasipca posted UI screenshots.

I currently use an Hikvision DS-2CD2632F-IS without an NVR - I just use the UI on the camera for playback. A big annoyance is you can't tell the playback to only show clips triggered by the PIR vs those using pixel motion detection. What would be ideal is if you could set two or more pixel detection areas and show clips triggered by one or the other. For example, I trigger pixel motion on our deck, but not from every passing car, but then a neighbor came by the other day hoping for footage of some drunk guys that threw a rock at her house and I had nothing because I don't want to add every passing car to the pixel trigger unless I can filter those out.

tomw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: 5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90

Re. the trigger, I have recently decided to make my cam's "continuous recording" of keyframes (ie. 1 per second) only and they switch to full frame rate when detecting motion. It does take more storage but I had a similar situation where motion was not detected and it annoyed the crap out of my - having all this tech and it missing a key event because I did not want to write to disk I already have !

- - - Updated - - -

Re. the trigger, I have recently decided to make my cam's "continuous recording" of keyframes (ie. 1 per second) only and they switch to full frame rate when detecting motion. It does take more storage but I had a similar situation where motion was not detected and it annoyed the crap out of my - having all this tech and it missing a key event because I did not want to write to disk I already have !

thesleepy_slee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Tom, means you have a script which changes framerate depending on PIR? Pretty nice idea