5 DS-2CDxxxxx cameras to choose

DJhanya

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @all,

I'm pretty new to the topic of ipcams. I'm located in Germany and already installed 2 Inkovideo V-110HD (which obviously are also available from Hikvision), which are connected with a LTS NVR 4-channel recorder.

I'm currently "checking" the options on fixed dome cams and came along the following:

DS-2CD3145F-IS

DS-2CD3142F-IS

DS-2CD2142FWD-IS

DS-2CD2135F-IS

DS-2CD2132F-IS

For example, I already read something about DS-2CD2132F-IS is replaced by DS-2CD2135F-IS.Thean also read that this isn't true, as the xxxx2 are for global market and xxx5 only for Asian market.

On the 3145 / 3142 / 2142 I don't know yet.

Please can you give me an advice about the differences and "the truth" about the global / Asian market dedicated cams and maybe connected problems, when choosing a Asian one?

Really appreciate it!

Thx and regards from Germany, André
[h=1][/h]

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Only the xxx2 ones can have their firmware updated updated. You are correct that sellers are lying and xxx5 is for Asian market only.

It's price dependant, I would pay a bit extra for DS-2CD2132F-IS or DS-2CD2142FWD-IS but not double!

DJhanya

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply on this post!

Well, I also was in contact with the Country dedicated Service of Hikvision (Netherlands).

He confirmed that the models ending on xxx2 are global and the ones ending on xxx5 are ONLY Asian market.

He recommended to check the models below and maybe take one of them:

DS-2CD2142FWD-IS: http://www.hikvision.com/europe/Products_accessries_158_i8820.html

DS-2CD2132F-I
: http://www.hikvision.com/europe/Products_accessries_158_i7416.html

Only the xxx2 ones can have their firmware updated updated. You are correct that sellers are lying and xxx5 is for Asian market only.

It's price dependant, I would pay a bit extra for DS-2CD2132F-IS or DS-2CD2142FWD-IS but not double!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply on this post!

Well, I also was in contact with the Country dedicated Service of Hikvision (Netherlands).

He confirmed that the models ending on xxx2 are global and the ones ending on xxx5 are ONLY Asian market.

He recommended to check the models below and maybe take one of them:

DS-2CD2142FWD-IS: http://www.hikvision.com/europe/Products_accessries_158_i8820.html

DS-2CD2132F-I
: http://www.hikvision.com/europe/Products_accessries_158_i7416.html
Don't listen to Hikvision, they just want to sell you the most expensive stuff they have. They'll never recommend cutting themselves out of the loop and getting Asian cameras.

If dome isn't essential then check out the DS-2CD2342WD-I turret. The IR is better and you'll get less spider attacks!

DJhanya

n3wb
Reaction score
DelBoy,

so the dome cam DS-2CD2142FWD-IS isn't that good like the DS-2CD2342WD-I ?

What about the spider attacks? Is there an issue with spiders using a dome instead of the one you mentioned?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes there are issues. It depends if you want a dome or a turret. Or need audio and alarm inputs.

The difference between them isn't night and day but worth considering. I don't know how expensive NL is for Hikvision. It might be better to source from UK. You can get DS-2CD2132F-IS for £100 / 120EUR here.

DJhanya

n3wb
Reaction score
All right. So because of its design, I'd prefer the dome one.

I'm living in Germany, in NL is only the main EU contact center from Hikvision.

Well, I also checked the price tag for the newer version DS-2CD2142FWD-IS and it is normally between 200-300€ but finally found one supplier for 160€

What is the issue with the soider attacks?

Thanks for your support by the way :)

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Use the search function for spider

160 euros including taxes and delivery sounds an ok price.

DJhanya

n3wb
Reaction score
yeah, I finally ordered it :)

...about the spiders.... really somewhat funny that they "prefer" the dome models more.

CodeGreen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The placement and location(geographical) has more to do with spiders. I get less spiders on my cams with the tiny IR "dots" and a ton of spiders on my camera with the projecting IR(2cd2232)

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The placement and location(geographical) has more to do with spiders. I get less spiders on my cams with the tiny IR "dots" and a ton of spiders on my camera with the projecting IR(2cd2232)
I got completely the opposite experience. So I guess the IR can not be the big thing that spiders are after. It is probably more the location.

Just do not put up a camera in a place where you have to remove spiderwebs to get to at least =) that should be a good start.
And one more thing. If it is possible place the cameras so you can do easy "maintenance" for spiderwebs etc. ... ( I learned from my mistake when I put one camera way to high and far away from windows so it was a pain in the A## to climb the double ladder )

DJhanya

n3wb
Reaction score
Nice to See your posts, really appreciate it....

Yeah, think mostlikely it is the location. The 2 V-110HD, wihich I installed in the backyard on the wall and another under my carport on the wall do not have any issues with spider webs :)

Still waiting for delivery of the Hikvision.

By the way, Inkovideo has also dome cams, which seem to be the same ones, like Hivision. But they are not able to provide the wall mounting bracket, where you can organize the pig tail. Without, it is really not possible, as the cable gets squeezed a lot at 90°.

DJhanya

n3wb
Reaction score
DS-2CD2142FWD-IS delivered tday. I took it out of the box and conncted it on my desk with my LTN8704-P4 NVR from LTS.

The NVR has Firmware V3.3.2 build 151208,wich I updated last week -so pretty new.

Anhow, after connection of the cam, it had not been detected.

With my two other ones it worked immeditely.

Any ideas?

DJhanya

n3wb
Reaction score
Well within the cam configuration menu of the NVR, I see all 4 possible cams. Two of them are Online and 2 are "Offline" (The IP cam does not exist).

Furthermore, there are all the IP addresses listed of each channel. "Protocol" is "Default". "Port" is in all 4 channels "8000".

With the other 2 cams, I didn't do anything - only "Plug n' Play".

The new Hikvision is working obviously, as I can see the green LED inseide the housing blinking as well as the IR-LEDs, which are swtiched on because of the low environmental light in the room.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There is a leaflet that came with the camera (unless it's a grey import) that tells you how. Have you got that?

DJhanya

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, it is delivered with instruction for use. There is written something about activation via WEBBROWSER or SADP Software. Seems to be not possible, when connected and powered by NVR.

So will try tomorrow with direct connection to PoE switch and access to cam for activation.

Last edited by a moderator: