5.6.0.4 continual restart

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A bit of a PSA for you.

I don't know if anybody's run into this. Updated to 5.6.0.4 this morning and it continually restarts. It's working fine with 5.6.0.3 after rollback.

I've reported it to support.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A bit of a PSA for you LOL ;) - search is your friend as issues with the update have been reported here over 3 hours ago:

Reaction score
Same problem here - suspect it was an auto update earlier today Unsure how to revert to previous software version though! Any tips welcome!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Shut down Blue Iris if at all possible. Install a previous version from the source listed above. Re-start Blue Iris. Shut off automatic updates. Watch this forum for what updates are available and how they are behaving before installing them. Alternately only update to updates listed as "stable" as shown in the update page of the BI console.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As others have mentioned, do not enable Auto Update if you want stability (mine is disabled).

I manually updated as I was chasing an issue with CodeProject.AI. I just switched from Deepstack and wanted to see if the latest version solved my problem, turned out to be a RFTM issue on my part ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Problem now resolved here by reverting to 5.6.0.3 (and yes have restricted auto updates to "Critical or stable".

However reversion was not straightforward - the old BI version refused to install as Blue Iris was running, and when using Task Manager to stop it, it kept restarting.... Repeated attempts got there in the end...

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Problem now resolved here by reverting to 5.6.0.3 (and yes have restricted auto updates to "Critical or stable".

However reversion was not straightforward - the old BI version refused to install as Blue Iris was running, and when using Task Manager to stop it, it kept restarting.... Repeated attempts got there in the end...
Seems strange as whenever I’ve moved forward or back I’ve only ever clicked on a particular version of the exe.

If you encounter a similar issue in the future just locate the BI service and manually stop it before running the update.