5.5.9 - June 28, 2022 - “direct to wire"

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was on version 5.5.7.11 and never saw "green screen" on BI app or UI3, until I yesterday upgraded to 5.5.9.4. Green screen is appearing in UI3 no matter if stream to wire is active or not. When switched to JPEG HD quality everything is ok. My cams are 5442 and Reolinks B800. We should wait for fix :)

View attachment 134191
I'm getting this too.
However I said JPEG HD because it stutters and doesn't give smooth playback.

Has anyone found a fix for this?

Corvus85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Additionally, I have a question regarding this and how it interacts with UI3.

Since direct to wire ostensibly bypasses any need for decoding/encoding by the BI server, does this mean it's also passed through to UI3 in the same fashion? If so, does this mean that when looking at a group view in UI3, does it pass the combined bandwidth of every raw camera stream to the viewing device?

I ask because I've noticed that even when 'direct to wire' is selected within UI3, the various streaming profiles still have an effect on the quality of the stream. How can this be the case if the stream is supposedly passed through unaltered?

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Late to the party using direct to wire but I also get a green screen often when switching between different screens (ie to a clip, or to a single camera, or back to group cameras) in UI3. Clicking to a different screen, either a single camera, or back to different group, etc usually fixes it.

robpur

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Late to the party using direct to wire but I also get a green screen often when switching between different screens (ie to a clip, or to a single camera, or back to group cameras) in UI3. Clicking to a different screen, either a single camera, or back to different group, etc usually fixes it.
Same here. I was running 5.5.9.6 (8/1/2022) and upgraded to 5.6.0.0 (8/16/2022) which was released today but the green screen problem still exists.

VLITKOWSKI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same here. I was running 5.5.9.6 (8/1/2022) and upgraded to 5.6.0.0 (8/16/2022) which was released today but the green screen problem still exists.
latest working without green screen version is 5.5.8.2

Freubel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can confirm. Switched to the same version and no more green screen troubles. Excellent !
Now on to figure out why my system starts buffering when i turn on direct to wire.