5.5.8 - June 13, 2022 - Code Project’s SenseAI Version 1 - See V2 here https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/codeproject-ai-version-2-0.68030/

JL-F1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
what model does object detection .net use as the 'standard model'

confused since I don't see any .pt file in

C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\AnalysisLayer\ObjectDetectionNet

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what model does object detection .net use as the 'standard model'

confused since I don't see any .pt file in

C:\Program Files\CodeProject\AI\AnalysisLayer\ObjectDetectionNet
It use the below onnx models. Also you should not run both Object Detections Net & YOLO at the same time

1664905835657.png

JL-F1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you.

I have only been running .NET (GPU)

Is their a consenus, that regardless of model .NET or YOLO , in SenseAI is better?

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As a side note in regards to accuracy: I have found that unchecking the box for "Use motion leading trigger to start detection" has resulted in better detections. At first this seems counterintuitive, until you realize that this means it will start analyzing on the trigger that actually crosses a zone that you care about, rather than motion in some (generally more distant) region that you may not care about at all.
I highly recommend at least testing this to see if works better for you.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
As a side note in regards to accuracy: I have found that unchecking the box for "Use motion leading trigger to start detection" has resulted in better detections. At first this seems counterintuitive, until you realize that this means it will start analyzing on the trigger that actually crosses a zone that you care about, rather than motion in some (generally more distant) region that you may not care about at all.
I highly recommend at least testing this to see if works better for you.
I have disabled this as well. I was actually getting just head shots of "person" as the alert because it was identifying them too early. I'd rather it wait to get more of the subject in the frame before analyzing and confirming.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes me. “Auto start/stop with Blue Iris” is definitely checked but I have to press the “Start now” button after a reboot. Was OK with version 1.6.2
Have you tried leaving the auto start/stop unchecked? That is how mine is. My understanding is that when unchecked, BI isn't responsible for it at all since the CP AI runs as a Windows Service and is started at startup and left running.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you tried leaving the auto start/stop unchecked? That is how mine is. My understanding is that when unchecked, BI isn't responsible for it at all since the CP AI runs as a Windows Service and is started at startup and left running.
OK biggen, that seems to have fixed it. Thank you. I notice that this makes “Use custom model folder” (checked) greyed out, but I’m not aware of that being a problem. It is a bug, though, not to start via BI and should be corrected.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
OK biggen, that seems to have fixed it. Thank you. I notice that this makes “Use custom model folder” (checked) greyed out, but I’m not aware of that being a problem. It is a bug, though, not to start via BI and should be corrected.
It's greyed out but it will still hold any custom models in there you had previously set. If you need to change the custom model location, then just check auto start/stop again, change the model, and uncheck auto start/stop.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I have always run mine with the auto start/stop checked without any issues. I use the CPU mode on W11 which could make a difference too.

Attachments

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
What's the user case to having BI start/stop the CP AI service? Wouldn't it be better served to have it running as a Windows service 24x7?

Just curious.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
What's the user case to having BI start/stop the CP AI service? Wouldn't it be better served to have it running as a Windows service 24x7?

Just curious.
In case the AI would stop responding or crash, BI will attempt to restart the AI. If you stop the CPAI it will not restart on its own unless you do reboot the OS.
Granted I have never had CPAI crash yet, but you never know .

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Help! I have a weird problem, every couple of seconds,
CAPI server routinely will start Object Detection (YOLO) - processing - and spike my CPU usage
Is it normal? I have got only 4 cameras turned on and my shop was closed after working hours.
There is no one is in the shop.

I took a video recording of the instance.

2022-10-05_23-40-22.jpg
View attachment 2022-10-05_23-30-21.mp4
2022-10-05_23-37-40.jpg

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just as a reminder below are all the labels for CP.AI custom models

CodeProject.AI-Custom-IPcam-Models

IPcam-combined Labels:

- person, bicycle, car, motorcycle, bus, truck, bird, cat, dog, horse, sheep, cow, bear, deer, rabbit, raccoon, fox, skunk, squirrel, pig

IPcam-general Labels (includes dark models images):
- person, vehicle

IPcam-animal Labels:
- bird, cat, dog, horse, sheep, cow, bear, deer, rabbit, raccoon, fox, skunk, squirrel, pig

IPcam-dark Labels:
- Bicycle, Bus, Car, Cat, Dog, Motorcycle, Person
Mike, there's been lots of correspondence about model accuracy. I'm getting good results with your ipcam-xxx and would like it to be as good as possible. Hence queries:
  • ipcam-combined has both general and animal labels but seems to deliver slightly lower confidence percentages and have longer processing times than when using both models separately in the custom models box. Am I wrong and the differences are actually because they are different objects analyzed on different occasions?
  • ipcam-dark seems to have far higher confidence percentages and shorter processing times when both combined and dark models are running at the same time. Are the dark model images also in the combined model or only in the general model? I have included the dark model in the daytime profile to cover the uncertainty of dusk.
  • all the model pt file sizes are approx 15MB. Shouldn't the combined file size be a lot bigger than general+animal if the same images are used?

My "To confirm" box is empty. I notice that if I put "nothing found:0" in the "To cancel" box, this gets rid of all the nothing founds in my confirmed alerts list.