5.4.9 - June 25, 2021

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yep, it seems facial recognition and the dark model do not like each other.

But even if just running normal object detection and no custom models, faces still tend to cause problems for me.

It will work once and then stop.

When it first came out it would store unknown faces, but every subsequent update I have yet to have it store a face in the unknown folder despite a camera clearly getting clear face shots at eye level.
I had similar results with unknown faces. I started playing with it with the later 5.4.8 versions, It stored a few unknowns and then stopped saving unknowns. After one of the more recent updates, it saved a couple of unknown faces and stopped working again. I added the unknown saves of my face to the known folder, but it never detected my face. It was a neat feature to play with, but not much use to me, especially since it's not working right.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just tried 5.4.9.2 and have the same problem, clone cams trigger but nothing gets recorded.

Have reverted back for the time being but I’m thinking there must be a setting that is getting flipped with the latest release, might have a more in depth look later this afternoon.

EDIT: Just had another look, can't see any options that are configured differently in the Trigger and Record tabs, even tried changing options, clicking OK then changing it back but no go. The clones are set to trigger on motion, motion is being detected as I get an orange border but no Alert and nothing gets recorded. If I manually trigger the cam I get an Alert and it records.
Yep I just noticed that too. If I have a camera set to trigger on ONVIF and motion, it shows the orange border and lightning bolt, and shows being triggered, but nothing is being recorded except ONVIF triggers.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've had good results with 5.4.9.1 and .2 so I thought I'd share my applicable settings. I haven't experienced any of the error messages that have been reported here. Also, up until I took these captures, I WAS using facial recognition without any problems other than unknown faces weren't being saved, but facial detection was working just fine--I've disabled it temporarily to evaluate any changes in Deepstack performance. The settings in the attachments for this camera are pretty much standard for all my cameras--with slight adjustments such as the number of post detection real time images, make time and begin analysis with motion-leading image. Each camera of course requires tweaking with these particular settings. For example in the images below, for detection of someone coming out of the house via the storm door, I made sure to add several extra (5) real time frames for analysis and uncheck motion-leading image because BI detects motion at .1 second on this camera and Deepstack can't identify objects within the motion zone in this scene very well behind a glass door at that moment--that's because with the default number of images used in analysis (2 I believe), Deepstack would stop analyzing, cancel the alert and regroup for the next event. So I had some options. I could have increased the make time so we're far enough out the door to give DS a good frame to analyze, but I didn't want to give up the speed of detection for other places in the back yard. Checking the 'motion-leading' image wouldn't help this situation; if anything, it begins analyzing earlier rather than later...the opposite of what I need here. Of course, I could have checked this option and maybe changed additional real time images to 10. What I didn't like about that is it takes BI longer to confirm the alert. The ultimate goal was to achieve the asterisk in the analysis denoting confirmation as soon as possible without jeopardizing early cancellation.

PS, not shown is the pre-trigger buffer of 10 seconds.

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture5.JPG

Capture6.JPG

Capture7.JPG

Capture8.JPG

Capture9.JPG

Capture10.JPG

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep I just noticed that too. If I have a camera set to trigger on ONVIF and motion, it shows the orange border and lightning bolt, and shows being triggered, but nothing is being recorded except ONVIF triggers.
Thanks, that is exactly how I have the cams that are failing to alert/record setup. So the cam has ONVIF setup. The master cam has alerts set on ONVIF and the clone on motion detection.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Already updated, now to find the time, and inclination, to check everything out. Instead of "nothing found" now it's "deepstack 170", whatever that means.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Already updated, now to find the time, and inclination, to check everything out. Instead of "nothing found" now it's "deepstack 170", whatever that means.
Yep I am getting Deepstack: 170 even when there is motion and should have identified it....rolling back time.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Some more new behaviors. I'm seeing "deepstack: 170" "deepstack: 1" and "nothing found" on clips that aren't being successfully detected as objects.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On the plus side, updating to this version and rolling back has now given me the ability to get the blue border around the image to show which frame was sent to DS. Progress LOL.

kc8tmv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the plus side, updating to this version and rolling back has now given me the ability to get the blue border around the image to show which frame was sent to DS. Progress LOL.
Thought I saw that also, but glad someone else saw it too! I’m NOT nuts, well on this subject anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Some more new behaviors. I'm seeing "deepstack: 170" "deepstack: 1" and "nothing found" on clips that aren't being successfully detected as objects.
I'm seeing similar tags with -1, 100, and 170. I'm guessing those are status codes from DS, tried to look them up, but DS documentation not very complete so I gave up.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Same here, couldn't find diddly in the BI help file or on the internet. It would be nice to know what they actually mean and maybe use them as a diagnostic for why a detection didn't occur. Like I said before, it's a work in progress and patience is a must.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm also having camera connectivity issues with 5.4.9.1, .2 and .3. I like to test new versions and send Ken feedback, but I'll be staying with 5.4.8.2 until things settle down.

Skispcs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was on 5.4.9.2 and 9.3 but some of my cameras were not recording.
I would get an alert for those cameras and it would show up in the list. When I clicked on the alert, I would get the file could not be found error.

I rolled back to 5.4.8.2 and they seem to be working normally.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Just tried .3 and the same issue with the cloned cams not recording.

@Skispcs both me and @wittaj have been experiencing similar issue with all of the 5.4.9.x releases where some of the cams are triggering and alerting but there's no clip/recording. Was hoping that .3 would fix it.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm seeing the "file can't be found" problem as well but it only effects certain clone. Other clones work fine so the cause is probably going to be a real bear to find. What's weird is that if I play back the clip immediately before the "file can't be found" error, when the clip I click on is finished playing it proceeds to play the one that "can't be found". My guess is some kind of marker, or ID for the clip is being screwed up somehow.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm seeing the "file can't be found" problem as well but it only effects certain clone. Other clones work fine so the cause is probably going to be a real bear to find. What's weird is that if I play back the clip immediately before the "file can't be found" error, when the clip I click on is finished playing it proceeds to play the one that "can't be found". My guess is some kind of marker, or ID for the clip is being screwed up somehow.
You're clicking on the file when it's still a 'snapshot' and it plays, but when the trigger times out without alerting, it goes away--I'm sure you and Teaf have your .db and New folders on the same drive right?
When your cameras trigger, a .dat file is saved in the Alerts folder even if the alert is cancelled...when you analyze these by dropping them in the DS tab of the status window, what are you seeing? I'd be curious to see what analysis looks like for anyone who's having these issues.

Edit, I just reviewed one of my cameras expecting an alert, but there was none....review of the .dat file shows plenty of opportunity to confirm both a person and car; it even had the asterisk in the first frame at T+0, but there was also an Error 100 in the Custom portion of that frame...speculating that's why the alert wasn't saved even though it was confirmed. However, on a different cam, an alert was confirmed and saved at T+0 but had Error 100 in three of the five analyzed frames... frame 1 & 2 were error free, but the 3-5 had the Error 100. It looks like the alert was confirmed and marked for saving before the Error 100 could interfere. I haven't tried removing the custom 'dark' from the process yet to see if that resolves the problem. And for anyone following along, I also disabled facial recognition a couple of updates ago.

These Error messages you all are reporting, are they solely in the custom section of the frame?

Last edited: