5.4.7 - May 25, 2021 - Support for DeepStack custom model files

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I believe the To Confirm is case sensitive. Not positive though, can someone confirm?

kc8tmv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But I had to turn facial recognition off to get that far.
I really think there is some conflict between the openlogos model and "faces" (facial recognition). I bet no one has both working at the same time. I think openlogos it the main issue.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone had a chance to try the latest version 5.4.7.9 to see if any of the issues with custom models some of us have had has been worked out?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Has anyone had a chance to try the latest version 5.4.7.9 to see if any of the issues with custom models some of us have had has been worked out?
Here's what I've done:
Enabled face recognition
Enabled 'dark' in MyModels
Using High mode

Put people in the to confirm box, removed person from that box, placed dark in the models box...BI reported People in the thumbnail image after I went out and triggered the camera. (People or people both worked. However, no red icon of a person in the thumbnail...seems to only be present when person is reported.

Using the exact same configuration with the understanding that putting dark in the custom models box forces BI to only use that model, I put person in the to cancel box and triggered the camera...nothing. BI canceled the alert. BI must still be using the default model even though using dark by itself should force BI to only use that model. The default model seems to take precedence over any custom models. So I took it another step...

I put people in the confirm box and put dark,object:0,face:0,faces:0,yolov5m:0,scene:0 in the custom models...triggered, alerted, People reported (I used lowercase p for people). With identical settings, I added person to the cancel box, no alert after triggering, overriding the dark model.

Face recognition and the dark model don't seem to conflict in this BI version.

I haven't tried logos so I don't know if it works or causes the quick flashing of burn boxes during analysis of video playback.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here's what I've done:
Enabled face recognition
Enabled 'dark' in MyModels
Using High mode

Put people in the to confirm box, removed person from that box, placed dark in the models box...BI reported People in the thumbnail image after I went out and triggered the camera. (People or people both worked. However, no red icon of a person in the thumbnail...seems to only be present when person is reported.

Using the exact same configuration with the understanding that putting dark in the custom models box forces BI to only use that model, I put person in the to cancel box and triggered the camera...nothing. BI canceled the alert. BI must still be using the default model even though using dark by itself should force BI to only use that model. The default model seems to take precedence over any custom models. So I took it another step...

I put people in the confirm box and put dark,object:0,face:0,faces:0,yolov5m:0,scene:0 in the custom models...triggered, alerted, People reported (I used lowercase p for people). With identical settings, I added person to the cancel box, no alert after triggering, overriding the dark model.

Face recognition and the dark model don't seem to conflict in this BI version.

I haven't tried logos so I don't know if it works or causes the quick flashing of burn boxes during analysis of video playback.
I wonder if the yolov5m is the issue and maybe one of them is struggling with that or not set up for that one properly?

Sounds like some progress is being made though!

I will go ahead and give it a try as well, but wanted to see if anyone got to it yet as I had been immediately testing the other ones as they became available but got sidetracked today to try it.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wonder if the yolov5m is the issue and maybe one of them is struggling with that or not set up for that one properly?

Sounds like some progress is being made though!

I will go ahead and give it a try as well, but wanted to see if anyone got to it yet as I had been immediately testing the other ones as they became available but got sidetracked today to try it.
As of now the only issue I'm seeing is that using dark in the custom model box does not force BI to use only that model. Another interesting tidbit... in the Deepstack\sharedfiles folder face.pt exists, not faces.pt.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As of now the only issue I'm seeing is that using dark in the custom model box does not force BI to use only that model. Another interesting tidbit... in the Deepstack\sharedfiles folder face.pt exists, not faces.pt.
Oh I will rename that and test - wonder if that is causing the issues I was experiencing?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK - uploaded latest version 5.4.7.9 and did some testing.

Still having issues, but figured out a little more.

It seems to have an issue with openlogo, I have tried every combination and cannot get it to run successfully on a consistent basis. Every once in a while I can get it in tuning to show the logo, but not consistently and even with the same clip.

In the tuning feature they have added the ability to run it through Plate Recognizer. I haven't tested that yet.

Playing with facial recognition, it seems to only like the High mode. It poops out with server error if using Medium or Low.

So if you are trying to run other custom models and face recognition, keep it on high.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
OK - uploaded latest version 5.4.7.9 and did some testing.

Still having issues, but figured out a little more.

It seems to have an issue with openlogo, I have tried every combination and cannot get it to run successfully on a consistent basis. Every once in a while I can get it in tuning to show the logo, but not consistently and even with the same clip.

In the tuning feature they have added the ability to run it through Plate Recognizer. I haven't tested that yet.

Playing with facial recognition, it seems to only like the High mode. It poops out with server error if using Medium or Low.

So if you are trying to run other custom models and face recognition, keep it on high.
I have newest version, dark model and openlogo models in deepstack folder.. my burn boxes and fast blips when analyzing. Any idea why.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have newest version, dark model and openlogo models in deepstack folder.. my burn boxes and fast blips when analyzing. Any idea why.
Yep, I get the same thing - either nothing at all or the fast burn blip and gone. I think it is some glitch with the openlogo model and how BI and DeepStack interact with it.

At one point I had openlogo working in the tuning option, but wouldn't work live.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, I get the same thing - either nothing at all or the fast burn blip and gone. I think it is some glitch with the openlogo model and how BI and DeepStack interact with it.

At one point I had openlogo working in the tuning option, but wouldn't work live.
Ok thanks.. I still get the alerts and memos never got a logo yet tho

Gary R.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Man, I spend a few days away, and got lost again. Just realized I didn't have the face.pt or faces.pt file. Could have sworn I had it. Where do I get it. Couldn't find it on DeepStack pages. Never mind, I found it. Will try it out I guess.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Man, I spend a few days away, and got lost again. Just realized I didn't have the face.pt or faces.pt file. Could have sworn I had it. Where do I get it. Couldn't find it on DeepStack pages. Never mind, I found it. Will try it out I guess.
Link? Where you putting this face file

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
face.pt is installed with BI I believe. It's in Deepstack\sharedfiles

kc8tmv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know Ken doesn’t have release notes, but does anyone know what fixes are in 5.4.7.10?
My prediction percentages seem to be higher. Anyone else notice this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I know Ken doesn’t have release notes, but does anyone know what fixes are in 5.4.7.10?
My prediction percentages seem to be higher. Anyone else notice this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be part of DeepStack that he isn't touching - maybe just a different day and different light and objects?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Too early for me to say. I just got custom models working properly tonight after updating to 5.4.7.10, skipped .9.

I had to add the path for the custom models to each camera to get it to work right, but now it does.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
No. The views I have are not broadside enough to give it a try. I could clone another camera that gives me a good broadside, but at a distance and give it a try. Where'd you find the file?