5.4.7 - May 25, 2021 - Support for DeepStack custom model files

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Remember, for the dark model to detect persons you need to add People in the To Confirm box.
Can I see your screen shot of your settings

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You have zero real time images?
Right, and I have no problems with accurate identification. According to the help file: By default, the motion-leading image and 2 additional images following the trigger are considered for object detection.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I tried openlogo, then played back a continuous video with test analysis on....all my burn boxes flashed on and off quickly. Removed openlogo from Deepstack\MyModels and playback with analysis returned to normal.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Getting both capital and lower case. Does anyone know if I reduced the analyze secs to 2 or 3 with that give it more time to see side of vehicles?

Attachments

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure about the analysis delay, but during playback analysis, all models seem to be used regardless of whether or not you've enabled them during detection. If you only use 'dark' and 'openlogo' in your cam settings, people, not person will trigger the alert, but during playback analysis, you'll still get burn boxes for person and people.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
during playback analysis, all models seem to be used regardless of whether or not you've enabled them during detection.
I noticed this too. Saturday I sent an email to Ken with these proposals to help when we’re debugging DeepStack performance... (no response yet)

1. Would it be possible to make the 'Testing & Tuning > Analyze with DeepStack' option reflect the entries in the 'Custom models' box for the active profile?
2. And/or could the 'Testing & Tuning > Analyze with DeepStack' option display a popup with the same info as the &JSON macro for alerts?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I tried openlogo, then played back a continuous video with test analysis on....all my burn boxes flashed on and off quickly. Removed openlogo from Deepstack\MyModels and playback with analysis returned to normal.
I am having the same thing happen. Finally had a fedex truck go by, but it didn't logo ID it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did the logo show up in analysis? (provided you have continuous recording on that cam)
Nope, logo did not show up. I am guessing there is some nuance issue that one of us will stumble across or a revision will kick it going.

I am going to take the dark model out now and see if just openlogo in custom picks up the evening ups truck.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nope, logo did not show up. I am guessing there is some nuance issue that one of us will stumble across or a revision will kick it going.

I am going to take the dark model out now and see if just openlogo in custom picks up the evening ups truck.
You could do the same now with your current clip. Take out dark and run openlogo...the analysis should use all models available. My guess is you're right about the nuance issue...not likely to work just yet even in the absence of 'dark.'

Did you get openlogo to stop causing the flickering of burn boxes?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
You could do the same now with your current clip. Take out dark and run openlogo...the analysis should use all models available. My guess is you're right about the nuance issue...not likely to work just yet even in the absence of 'dark.'

Did you get openlogo to stop causing the flickering of burn boxes?
When I review clips the burn boxes are fast blips. Is it the openlogo causing this?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Getting closer now LOL.

I took out the dark model and left just the openlogo.

It didn't pick up the UPS truck in live mode, but in playback and tuning I am getting the UPS and FedEx truck.

But I had to turn facial recognition off to get that far.

I am wondering now if it is a timing an issue and too many firing at once and one bogs down?

I am on an older machine, but the CPU isn't maxing out, but just trying to figure out what the issue may be.