5.4.7 - May 25, 2021 - Support for DeepStack custom model files

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
My interpretation is that the lower and upper case means you have both models running. Jealous LOL as I cannot get the custom to run.
The steps I did
Downloaded the models
Created the mymodels folder in Ds c: folder
Drag files to that folder
Checked the models box in main bi ai settings tab
Clicked start button in the ai settings tab
Restarted pc

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, tried all of those steps! I get a Server Error 100 whenever I check the models box and DS doesn't work. As soon as I uncheck the custom models box, then DS works again.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK went through the effort of wiping clean and starting over to see if it would get the custom models working.

I am sad to report it didn't fix it.

Still comes up with Server Error 100 as soon as I check the custom models checkbox. DS then doesn't run. As soon as I uncheck the custom models checkbox, it all works again.

At this point I think there must be some file or configuration that is locking it out from running?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
The steps I did
Downloaded the models
Created the mymodels folder in Ds c: folder
Drag files to that folder
Checked the models box in main bi ai settings tab
Clicked start button in the ai settings tab
Restarted pc
Does any one know if we put anything here per camera under Trigger ---> Artificial Intelligence ---> Custom model ?

1623040116244.png

Like name of custom model maybe Openlogo or dark ? or just leave it blank ?what is this for ?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From post #91 and an email from Ken to someone here:

OK the logic was ... if you put anything into the custom model box, those are the only custom models used. Leave the box blank and it's all custom models.

I am going to add a check for these:

objects:0
faces:0

if you put these into the custom box, objects or faces will not be used. Furthermore, since that box is no longer empty, NO custom objects will be used unless you specify one. So...

faces:0 ... objects, no faces, no custom models
faces:0,logos ... objects, no faces, just the custom model "logos"

faces:1 ... or if you put ANY non existent custom name in there, then only faces and objects will be analyzed.

faces:0,objects:0 .... actually won't do ANY analysis

version 5.4.7.8

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
This was added to the help file in 5.4.7.8

1623042455025.jpeg

I’m trying to test if simply using ’none’ (a non-existent model) in the ‘Custom models’ box will prevent all custom models from being used by the associated camera profile. No conclusions yet because I’m being thwarted by inconsistent behavior across different profiles.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, I believe I finally figured this thing out LOL.

I could not get custom or facial recognition to work in 5.4.7.X and above.

I tried everything as documented in this thread and a few others.

Here is what worked for me:

I unchecked the facial recognition and then the custom models started working. As soon as I checked facial box, DS quit working.

After more digging and playing around, I stumbled across something.

I have found that you need to have the word unknown in one of the camera's to confirm box or the whole thing poops out.

So now mine works!

Do I tempt fate and try the OpenLogo model next LOL.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, I believe I finally figured this thing out LOL.

I could not get custom or facial recognition to work in 5.4.7.X and above.

I tried everything as documented in this thread and a few others.

Here is what worked for me:

I unchecked the facial recognition and then the custom models started working. As soon as I checked facial box, DS quit working.

After more digging and playing around, I stumbled across something.

I have found that you need to have the word unknown in one of the camera's to confirm box or the whole thing poops out.

So now mine works!

Do I tempt fate and try the OpenLogo model next LOL.
Screenshot of ai settings screen please and a camera setting pics too? Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Cameraguy - here you go. I unchecked the hide cancelled alerts until I am comfortable it is getting everything, but checking that box will only showed confirmed alerts. I will be testing later the latest option about specifying which models for which profiles, but the help says if you leave it blank, it will do all of them, and I do get a person and Person and car and Car, so I know that the dark model is working.

1623069192764.png

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
@Cameraguy - here you go. I unchecked the hide cancelled alerts until I am comfortable it is getting everything, but checking that box will only showed confirmed alerts. I will be testing later the latest option about specifying which models for which profiles, but the help says if you leave it blank, it will do all of them, and I do get a person and Person and car and Car, so I know that the dark model is working.

View attachment 91611
How do we know if the log model is working? I guess have to wait for a vehicle like ups to show up?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How do we know if the log model is working? I guess have to wait for a vehicle like ups to show up?
Yep LOL, although someone was able to get that to show up in the playback and tuning, but mine didn't do that, so I don't know if it isn't working in tuning or not, so hopefully when one goes by we will find out LOL. In tuning, mine will show car, Car so I know the dark is working, but played a FedEX truck clip and nothing.

I put it in the confirm box:

person,unknown,fedex,ups

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep LOL, although someone was able to get that to show up in the playback and tuning, but mine didn't do that, so I don't know if it isn't working in tuning or not, so hopefully when one goes by we will find out LOL. In tuning, mine will show car, Car so I know the dark is working, but played a FedEX truck clip and nothing.

I put it in the confirm box:

person,unknown,fedex,ups
I'll try that too

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm at 7 @1sec now
It's calling it a truck or a van before it sees the logo right? So you don't know if openlogo.pt is working? If that cam is recording continuously, have you checked the test analysis of the continuous recording to see if it identifies it as a UPS vehicle?

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

View attachment 91611
Remember, for the dark model to detect persons you need to add People in the To Confirm box.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
It's calling it a truck or a van before it sees the logo right? So you don't know if openlogo.pt is working? If that cam is recording continuously, have you checked the test analysis of the continuous recording to see if it identifies it as a UPS vehicle?
Correct . Ahh yea it's recording 24/7. I'll check thanks