5.4.6.4 Alerts Not Working

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
For me if MD is enabled in the cams then I’d be getting a whole lot of triggers. I updated at 9:30am UK time and had no triggers until I realised at around 3:30pm, played around and then went back to what I had been previously been running.

JL-F1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is DeepStack working for you? Will it burn the rectangle on the alert image?
yes, I get the rect with the %
I am only using 'Smart Event' w/ 'Intrusion Detection' on this camera, but no MD in the camera or BI

1622153259129.png

My other camera that didn't work is only using IVS, no MD or Deepstack, and it is all good again as well

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m still getting 3-second clips and clips randomly ending in the middle of triggers for no apparent reason with 5.4.7.3.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just updates to 5.4.7.4 - same issue as .3 - AI not working for me either in live view or playback with tuning

Buxton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
5.4.7.4. Cameras do not produce an Email when triggered externally. If I go into the "alerts tab/on alert", I can trigger a test email albeit without attachments. If I then back out of the configure menu options, and trigger the camera from the live UI using the rightclick dropdown trigger choice, the camera triggers and shows in the left pane alert list, but the email is not sent.

Millstone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
5.4.7.5 broke ONVIF again. Stick with 5.4.7.4 (as long as you can live with the other shit broken on that version)

Reaction score
I have my BI to update on stable only. The other day it went from 5.4.5.3 to 5.4.6.3. The UI3 became unstable getting the dreaded live.sem stuck error every time I tried to view an alert or even a cam from the display.

So today I reverted back to 5.4.5.3 and all is well.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
We are not allowed to have all features working in every release
That is because you lack the common sense to wait until a release is out for a while and confirmed stable - this requires treating any ocd. This will mimic the quarterly or bi yearly releases with by other vms manufactures. What an ass Ken is for working on memorial day weekend for ungrateful pricks. If there was only an alternative to BI....

Millstone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is because you lack the common sense to wait until a release is out for a while and confirmed stable - this requires treating any ocd. This will mimic the quarterly or bi yearly releases with by other vms manufactures. What an ass Ken is for working on memorial day weekend for ungrateful pricks. If there was only an alternative to BI....
5.4.6.4 was "confirmed stable". That's how we got into this mess. Thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
5.4.6.4 was "confirmed stable". That's how we got into this mess. Thank you.
Yeah, wait a bit longer and watch the forum, try to mitigate your OCD. You have been bitching about bi for years with your passive aggressive style, yet you continue to stick with it. Try something else. Otherwise relax and revert back and wait for a fix. I run over 20 BI systems with no issues because I use common sense.
For the record 5.4.6.4 worked fine for me. So have most of the subsequent releases.

ProTapper

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@wittaj since I'm having BI nightmares of my own and we're contemplating a fresh install and we pull in the Lorex as ONVIF, should we consider a fresh install on an older version?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@wittaj since I'm having BI nightmares of my own and we're contemplating a fresh install and we pull in the Lorex as ONVIF, should we consider a fresh install on an older version?
Your issues are something else, but sure go ahead and install the latest stable update and let's start from there.

ProTapper

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your issues are something else, but sure go ahead and install the latest stable update and let's start from there.
Just thinking about reducing my luck !

What version and where do I get the old versions?