5.4.5 - May 10, 2021

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, I just upgraded from 5.4.3.12 (I know I'm slow!), so far so good. I've not seen any change in CPU or memory, I guess that's a good thing. Are these new features installed by default on 5.4.5.1?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, I just upgraded from 5.4.3.12 (I know I'm slow!), so far so good. I've not seen any change in CPU or memory, I guess that's a good thing. Are these new features installed by default on 5.4.5.1?
You will have to go into recording in each camera and change it to continuous+alerts to take advantage of the new features.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just jumped from 5.4.5.1 to 5.4.5.2 that was just released about an hour ago and the CPU and RAM are already higher than it has been the past day running at 5.4.5.1.

I will keep monitoring and report back.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried it and read about it. I can see how this would suit a lot of peoples' needs but it doesn't look like my cup of tea after trying it. We like to watch the wildlife around our home and from what I've seen we would miss out on seeing them before and after the trigger unless I set a long make and break. Trying to watch any activity from a sub stream doesn't look good to me, maybe I'm missing something.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I tried it and read about it. I can see how this would suit a lot of peoples' needs but it doesn't look like my cup of tea after trying it. We like to watch the wildlife around our home and from what I've seen we would miss out on seeing them before and after the trigger unless I set a long make and break. Trying to watch any activity from a sub stream doesn't look good to me, maybe I'm missing something.
Yeah, certainly the use case does make a difference. For those of us not caring about the wildlife, it makes perfect sense, but if you want to be reviewing and seeing things that don't trigger the camera, then it might not make much sense, or lower your triggers to get those and let it record substream with no motion.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
5.4.5.2 has settled back down. I guess it was using more RAM and CPU at startup than 5.4.5.1, but the levels are back to where they were in 5.4.5.1

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just updated 5.4.5.3 - exhibits the same RAM high at start-up, will keep everyone posted as it settles down hopefully!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I just installed 5.4.5.3 and lost a camera in the process, an Annke (Hik) 161DR. I tried deleting and adding it, after doing a "find/inspect" on the original config with no joy. Deleting and adding resulted in the color bars in the low res screen and after five minutes it never came up with video. I had IE open with that camera displaying just fine the whole time. After dropping back to 5.4.5.2 it came right back with no problems. A real head scratcher.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just installed 5.4.5.3 and lost a camera in the process, an Annke (Hik) 161DR. I tried deleting and adding it, after doing a "find/inspect" on the original config with no joy. Deleting and adding resulted in the color bars in the low res screen and after five minutes it never came up with video. I had IE open with that camera displaying just fine the whole time. After dropping back to 5.4.5.2 it came right back with no problems. A real head scratcher.
The same happened to me with a 3MP Hikvision cube on BI 5.4.5.3...only happened to one of three Hik cubes that I have. All I had to do was reboot the camera by pulling power and it's been going steady for two hours now. I'll monitor and revert to 5.4.5.2 if necessary.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
So, I am on the latest 5.4.5.3 And doing continuous + alerts. What is very weird is when doing exporting of the clips .. I am only getting sub streams and not the main stream.. Seems like some sort of bug to me.

1621202756694.png

And yes my main stream seems to be configured correctly.

1621202813542.png

I am going to just do Continous for now and NOT do continous + alerts and see if it fixes it.. for now.

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So, I am on the latest 5.4.5.3 And doing continuous + alerts. What is very weird is when doing exporting of the clips .. I am only getting sub streams and not the main stream.. Seems like some sort of bug to me.

And yes my main stream seems to be configured correctly.

I am going to just do Continous for now and NOT do continous + alerts and see if it fixes it.. for now.
Have you tried selecting "Re-encode video" in your output format dialog? That should export what you want.

The feature has been renamed as explained in the help file and release notes.

Continuous + alerts. When used with a dual-streaming camera along with direct-to-
disc, the result is a BVR file which will contain the sub-stream continuously
recorded, but the main-stream only recorded when the camera is in a triggered state
(or alerted state if you are using alert confirmation via AI). During main-stream
playback, the sub-stream will be upsampled whenever the main-stream is not
available. This dual-stream hybrid may be exported only when re-encoding is
selected, although you may still export the main-stream in segments when not re-
encoding. When not using dual-streams or direct-to-disc, a frame will be captured
continuously at 1fps unless the camera is triggered.