5.4.4.0 update - new triggered+continuous record setting

austwhite

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone know if, when using the Continuous+Alert or Continuous+Trigger, if there is a way to keep the alert pointer in the recorded file when deleting the alert from the Alerts tab?
When recording Alert Only or Trigger only, the alert clip was kept on disc after the Alert was removed from the Alert Tab (Remove from Queue option in main UI, delete in UI3).
When I do the same using the Continuous+Alert feature, the pointer for the alert in the recorded file seems to disappear, sometimes it will even cause the system to start recording a new file.

NielK

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone notice long time lags when playing an alert back using UI3? Mine work fine on the console, but on this laptop there is a significant delay, on the order of seconds perhaps as much as 10. It does seem related to resolution of the camera. The 2MP are pretty quick, but the 4MP can be really slow. I'll have to try UI3 on the BI machine and see what happens there.
Yes - started after I upgraded from 5.4.3.12 to 5.4.6.3

NielK

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes - started after I upgraded from 5.4.3.12 to 5.4.6.3
Update: against my normal practice, I just tried updating to the latest version of BI (5.4.7.9). The long delays have gone :)

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Update: against my normal practice, I just tried updating to the latest version of BI (5.4.7.9). The long delays have gone :)
I need to give this a try then. Those delays playing the alerts are maddening!

allgrind

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, everyone,

i have a little problem with motion detection. I am currently using the mode: Alerts + Continuous - The motion detection in the Instar 9008 camera is deactivated.

In the front video area, all movements and objects are reliably detected by BI and evaluated by deep stacking. Hardly any miscarriage - great!

No movements are detected in the rear area or the deep stack does not detect an object. It doesn't matter how sensitive the motion detection in BI is. Accordingly, no alarms are recorded. To make matters worse, the more sensitive the motion detection is, the more false alarms I have in the front area. Furthermore, Deepstack does not recognize the objects in the background and therefore I do not receive any alarm information.

My idea is to divide the recording area into a front and rear area:

Front area: The master should run in Alerts + Continuous and motion detection should only be active for the front area. Deep stack should be active.

Rear area: The clone should run in continuous + triggered mode and only receive a trigger (webhook) through the motion detection of the Instar and other external PIR sensors.

Is this a good idea? Or are there any problems? Do the two types of recording get in each other's way? Do I have an entire recording of both (master and clon) afterwards or do I have two different recordings?

Many greetings John

OfficerD00fy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Using latest version and a my 2385 hikvision pickups up a car but only goes to main stream in the last second. I am using continuous + alerts and now have changed to continuous + triggered to see if it's helped. Anyway to fix this or is my camera settings wrong.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Should be set to cont+triggered.

Sounds like your FPS and iframes are not the same number. Make them both 15 (this needs to be done in the camera GUI and not in BI) and make the pre-trigger buffer like 5 seconds.

OfficerD00fy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks the pre-trigger buffer I think has made it work. My concern is at night there is people walking on the street but Blue Iris/Deep stack wont detect it. Is there a way to make motion detection increase into main stream even though it's not a confirmed person/vehicle?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try running the custom dark model. Do a search here to find it.

You could also create your own model based on your camera field of view.

Or it could be problematic if you are trying to get too much out of the camera capability. For example if it is a 2.8mm camera and the people are 150 feet away then deepstack may struggle at that distance with that camera.

austwhite

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks the pre-trigger buffer I think has made it work. My concern is at night there is people walking on the street but Blue Iris/Deep stack wont detect it. Is there a way to make motion detection increase into main stream even though it's not a confirmed person/vehicle?
You could setup a profile for night where it triggers on motion without needing AI confirmation. Blue Iris has several profile options.
Or, if you are up to it, as @wittaj said, custom model in Deepstack. That said, I have a Dahua IPC-HDW3849 as an overview camera on roof line of the third floor (2.8mm version) and deepstack detects people at ground level fine day and night so it could be a camera capability issue.
It may take more CPU power from the blue iris PC, but you could set so Deepstack analyses the main stream at night instead of the substream

Last edited: