5.4.1 - April 3, 2021 - Support for DeepStack facial recognition

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@tripp396 That's a PowerShell window and not a GUI to manipulate DeepStack modes real time.

tripp396

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@tripp396 That's a PowerShell window and not a GUI to manipulate DeepStack modes real time.
Yep tried to edit my post, understood now. I've been asked a few times from some people where to find the GUI version and every thing I download is command line only. I'm not sure they still have the GUI version, at least not that I've seen.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@tripp396 There is a GUI version that, supposedly, works in Win10. I downloaded the package, read, re-read, read and re-read, the readme umpteen times and I can't see anything remotely resembling how to get it going in Windows. On the DeepStack forum there are only a few posts about it and they have very short, uninformative, answers but seem to say it will work.

Bosty

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@tripp396 There is a GUI version that, supposedly, works in Win10. I downloaded the package, read, re-read, read and re-read, the readme umpteen times and I can't see anything remotely resembling how to get it going in Windows. On the DeepStack forum there are only a few posts about it and they have very short, uninformative, answers but seem to say it will work.
What is the link?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@Bosty You know I can't find it again and yesterday it popped right up. Maybe it's been removed and I'm chasing my tail. If you want the .zip I'll PM it to you.

OgRoar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The GUI version I found for Win10 required a passkey and you can't get a passkey anymore because its moved to open source. The difference is the open source Win10 fork is command line.

I'm not sure how to get the Win10 GUI version working at this point.

I do have the native Deepstack running in BI and its working great. Its not missing anything I normally would and I haven't seen enough false positives to worry. My only issue is I can't seem to get it to recognize existing objects as have already been there but I understand we are in the early early stages and I'm happy its moving forward. I did see this mentioned in the patch notes but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I paid the annual support fee to get the Deepstack, but I'm in Deepshit. I have no idea what to do other than, put the word Car, in the menu box.
in other News.....unexpected Pleasant surprise with this Upgrade. CPU use and Memory use are lower. I don't see memory creep.
Came into a crashed system Monday after being out of town. it was on it's second day with one of the January 2021 versions. Artifact on screen, 5 cameras did not record over the weekend. BI unresponsive.
Today it was stable with a 1.09GB of Ram consumed. and 9% CPU. With the January version it would run at 15%CPU and start at 2.6GB of Ram used... and go up to 3.5-3.8GB by end of day.

tripp396

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am finding a couple things:
1. I just tried three times walking around my backyard as a test, each time “nothing found”. The clip shows under “cancelled” as expected due to nothing found but I was capturing people in my backyard just fine before 5.4.2. It doesn’t even return that it’s a person below my confidence level. Just nothing.
2. iOS app worked this morning and as soon as I updated the server my iOS app started crashing a ton
3. If I use facial recognition and watch the deepstack server while multiple cameras are experiencing motion, deepstack is only ingesting once every 5 seconds max (but returns results in 50ms-80ms). If I turn off face detection on the server and BI then deepstack tends to receive more often 1-2 seconds or so. So I’ve turned off facial detection for now.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
What's the brand ? How well does it work at night? Auto tracking? I am currently looking at all my options.
It is Dahua on that particular screenshot DH-SD8A840WA-HNF.

On Other note - I just updated to 5.4.2.1 Seems my IOS app cannot do some play back of video see if someone else having same issue still ?

Also I have I think seen some of my static trigger for Deepstack seems to be caused by Onvif Triggers. So I have turned that off to see if static entry are much less or no. Still playing around if someone want to try this let me know if they see a drop on static car triggers after this.

tripp396

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same iOS app issues on 5.4.2.1. It seems I am now receiving the push notifications again, but opening alert list in app shows old alerts/no info on detection and percentage. Also trying to refresh an alert list crashes the app.

Bosty

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same iOS app issues on 5.4.2.1. It seems I am now receiving the push notifications again, but opening alert list in app shows old alerts/no info on detection and percentage. Also trying to refresh an alert list crashes the app.
Yup, same thing happening with me...

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Im new to deepstack and wondering if anyone can point me to info about what " min confidence" and "To confirm____________________" is used for .

Bosty

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im new to deepstack and wondering if anyone can point me to info about what " min confidence" and "To confirm____________________" is used for .
Min Confidence is just the minimum level needed to trigger an alert. Setting it at 90 would rarely trigger anything since it would have to be a perfect screenshot of an object in ideal lighting, etc. Most have theirs set from 1 to 40. Start out at 50 and lower it if it is not detecting anything or missing objects.

To confirm is what will be tracked as objects. I have these items to track: person,car,truck,bus,bicycle,boat,dog,cat,motorcycle

Somewhere recently is a post which lists all the objects DS can track.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@BORIStheBLADE

Here you go -

airplane
apple
backpack
banana
baseball bat
baseball glove
bear
bed
bench
bicycle
bird
boat
book
bottle
bowl
broccoli
bus
cake
car
carrot
cat
cell phone
chair
clock
couch
cow
cup
dining table
dog
donot
elephant
fire hydrant
fork
frisbee
giraffe
hair dryer
handbag
horse
hot dog
keyboard
kite
knife
laptop
microwave
motorcycle
mouse
orange
oven
parking meter
person
pizza
potted plant
refrigerator
remote
sandwich
scissors
sheep
sink
skateboard
skis
snowboard
spoon
sports ball
stop_sign
suitcase
surfboard
teddy bear
tennis racket
tie
toaster
toilet
toothbrush
train
truck
tv
umbrella
vase
wine glass
zebra

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Min Confidence is just the minimum level needed to trigger an alert. Setting it at 90 would rarely trigger anything since it would have to be a perfect screenshot of an object in ideal lighting, etc. Most have theirs set from 1 to 40. Start out at 50 and lower it if it is not detecting anything or missing objects.

To confirm is what will be tracked as objects. I have these items to track: person,car,truck,bus,bicycle,boat,dog,cat,motorcycle

Somewhere recently is a post which lists all the objects DS can track.
Thanks