5.3.8 mssing smart events?

afddwfadwfadwf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got a DS-2CD3345-I with 5.3.6 which supports 13 types of smart events. Then I got another one with 5.3.8 but this one has only intrusion detection and line crossing detection. Can someone confirm if smart event features have been removed in 5.3.8?

How can I extract the firmware to use on another camera? There is no option in web gui to enable ssh/telnet in either 5.3.6 or 5.3.8, is there another way to get into the camera?

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got a DS-2CD3345-I with 5.3.6 which supports 13 types of smart events. Then I got another one with 5.3.8 but this one has only intrusion detection and line crossing detection. Can someone confirm if smart event features have been removed in 5.3.8?

How can I extract the firmware to use on another camera? There is no option in web gui to enable ssh/telnet in either 5.3.6 or 5.3.8, is there another way to get into the camera?
As you can see on Hikvision (China) website, there are different types of 2xx5 camera that use different firmware. Type "B" for example is 5.3.8 and I don't think it is compatible with 5.3.6 (or the latest 5.4.0 on there).

But if you are happy to loose English + multi language (if present), you could try to TFTP 5.3.6/5.4.0 to your 5.3.8 camera. If a problem you can TFTP 5.3.8 back to your camera.

Hikvision removed SSH from these cameras from 5.3.5 - they don't even have it running behind the scenes.

afddwfadwfadwf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As you can see on Hikvision (China) website, there are different types of 2xx5 camera that use different firmware. Type "B" for example is 5.3.8 and I don't think it is compatible with 5.3.6 (or the latest 5.4.0 on there).

But if you are happy to loose English + multi language (if present), you could try to TFTP 5.3.6/5.4.0 to your 5.3.8 camera. If a problem you can TFTP 5.3.8 back to your camera.

Hikvision removed SSH from these cameras from 5.3.5 - they don't even have it running behind the scenes.
DS-2CD3345-I only has 5.3.8 official firmware on hikvision cn (revision A/B/C). Language doesn't bother me. I am just wondering if it could have been a counterfeit/knockoff.

Anyone else on 5.3.8 can check if this version supports smart events?

Btw is it safe to flash the Chinese firmware? Are there additional steps required?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you'll brick it if you flash the China firmware, its not safe.. leave it be

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How come the Chinese model does not take the original firmware?
If you're asking this and you want to enable Telnet then you are probably going to brick your camera.

Chinese models can't take English firmware because they are meant for China not for the rest of the world.

afddwfadwfadwf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you're asking this and you want to enable Telnet then you are probably going to brick your camera.

Chinese models can't take English firmware because they are meant for China not for the rest of the world.
By original, I meant Chinese firmware

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
By original, I meant Chinese firmware
Because then it'll be in Chinese (best case scenario) or you'll brick it.

Your camera has been played with. "hacked" for a better word. So touching the firmware is a big unknown. Are you that desperate for this feature?

afddwfadwfadwf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In Chinese, so what? I clearly stated that does not bother me...

The camera/firmware has a language/region flag and a checksum for antitempering. I am well aware of that.... There is no need to assume other people are retarded. Thank you.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In Chinese, so what? I clearly stated that does not bother me...

The camera/firmware has a language/region flag and a checksum for antitempering. I am well aware of that.... There is no need to assume other people are retarded. Thank you.
That's not what I said. "I clearly stated" Chinese best case scenario. Worst case scenario you'll brick it. It's been hacked/modified to get round the anti-tampering (spelt correctly). Don't listen to me or anyone else warning you and go ahead and do it if you want to, that's stupid not retarded. Bye.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When someone's username is just a bunch of random button presses all next to each-other, dont blame us when we think your retarded.

where are you getting these Chinese firmware files at? I didnt think they published those.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How come the Chinese model does not take the original firmware?
They do, but you'll need to TFTP it if the camera is currently identifying itself as English as it will reject Chinese firmware. If identifying as Chinese it would accept it in web page.

There is only original firmware in Chinese for these cameras - the sellers change them to support English which will be lost if you change the firmware.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
DS-2CD3345-I only has 5.3.8 official firmware on hikvision cn (revision A/B/C). Language doesn't bother me. I am just wondering if it could have been a counterfeit/knockoff.

Anyone else on 5.3.8 can check if this version supports smart events?

Btw is it safe to flash the Chinese firmware? Are there additional steps required?
It will be a genuine Hikvision camera, but confusingly there are actually two different DS-2CD3345-I models with the same name but different DEVICE IDs (and different firmware). I know the Hikvision CN web page just highlights 5.3.8 for this model, but that's actually for 1 type, and 5.4.0 can be used on the other.

5.3.8 does support SMART events, but it might be restricting itself due to the model (either for technical reasons or sales positioning).

Does the 5.3.8 camera have "B" on the label whereas the one with 5.3.6 doesn't?

Last edited by a moderator:

afddwfadwfadwf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When someone's username is just a bunch of random button presses all next to each-other, dont blame us when we think your retarded.

where are you getting these Chinese firmware files at? I didnt think they published those.
shut up please dumbass. You don't have to embarrass yourself with an engineer title lmao

afddwfadwfadwf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It will be a genuine Hikvision camera, but confusingly there are actually two different DS-2CD3345-I models with the same name but different DEVICE IDs (and different firmware). I know the Hikvision CN web page just highlights 5.3.8 for this model, but that's actually for 1 type, and 5.4.0 can be used on the other.

5.3.8 does support SMART events, but it might be restricting itself due to the model (either for technical reasons or sales positioning).

Does the 5.3.8 camera have "B" on the label whereas the one with 5.3.6 doesn't?
The two cameras have the same model number, no revision number on the label.

Do you mind sharing where you find different device ID/type for DS-2CD3345-I?

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The two cameras have the same model number, no revision number on the label.

Do you mind sharing where you find different device ID/type for DS-2CD3345-I?
With the removal of SSH it's actually a bit tricky.

What does /ISAPI/System/deviceInfo report?

afddwfadwfadwf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
With the removal of SSH it's actually a bit tricky.

What does /ISAPI/System/deviceInfo report?
Is deviceID supposed to be unique for each camera? deviceID is different

both have <hardwareVersion>0x0</hardwareVersion>

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There should have been more info than that in /ISAPI/System/deviceInfo