5.3.7 - December 20, 2020

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
5.3.7 - December 20, 2020
Added “On red shield” and “On green shield” actions sets editable from the Schedule page
in Settings.
Fixed a glitch that caused main-stream frames to be dropped from the recording when
switching from sub to main-stream display on the console or UI3.
Smoother transitions will now occur with auto-cycle both locally and remotely when using
dual-streaming. The software attempts to start main-stream decoding on the “next” camera
in the cycle at 2.5 seconds prior to the switch.
Settings/Users may be configured with Profile/schedule changes access separate from
Administrator access.
The /admin?trigger and JSON trigger commands, when supplied with either a memo or JPEG
image, will always force a new alert list image to be created. Normally, when a camera is re-
triggered (triggered again while already triggered), no additional alert list image is created.
Alert counters are maintained for each camera for each user. Previously, these counters
were incremented when an alert image was created—now they are incremented only when
alerts are actually fired (a push, email, etc). This allows time to cancel the alert via AI
extensions without the counters increasing.
The “main menu” button has been replaced with a Settings button and an “add camera”
button was added. The pop-up menu is still available by right-clicking.
Video overlays are now always written to the BVR file. Each overlay object has a new flag
Require live display of overlay at the time of recording which determines whether or not the overlay
is displayed during playback. This allows you to decide whether or not the overlays should
also be toggled during playback when you toggle the overlays on and off while actively
recording.
Toast popup alert actions will now display a large “hero image” of the camera’s current
image.
PAG E

DarkHelmet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
running smooth here so far when viewing locally and via UI3.

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you use Plate Recognizer and have the Blue Iris mobile app, the license plate numbers now show up next to your alerts. Now if only they were searchable!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@archedraft - can you post a screenshot? My plates have always shown on up on the alert clip? I want to see what you mean.

1608579407275.png

They are searchable - they also get sent to the BI log file - simply open it in excel and sort by camera, erase all the camera rows but your plate cam, and you then have a searchable and sortable file by plate!

Last edited:

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm missing a lot of motion-triggered clips and alerts as far back as the 16th which is probably when I updated to 5.3.6.7. Even happening on 5.3.7.1. So I cannot recommend updating at this time.
I appreciate when people share this info! I wish there was one thread of "latest stable" based on IPCamtalk user findings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
So, it looks like Blue Iris started automatically deleting my newest clips instead of my oldest ones. But only from my "New" folder. I also have one camera configured to record to the "Aux1" folder and I have no idea which clips are being deleted from there. It isn't the newest clips and it isn't the oldest clips either.

I've sent in a bug report.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hmm, are we on different versions? If not, I wonder what the difference is that it's not happening here (I'm on 5.3.7.1)

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@archedraft - can you post a screenshot? My plates have always shown on up on the alert clip? I want to see what you mean.

View attachment 77454

They are searchable - they also get sent to the BI log file - simply open it in excel and sort by camera, erase all the camera rows but your plate cam, and you then have a searchable and sortable file by plate!
Yeah, the desktop application has always had the plate numbers. With this release the mobile app got the number as well. Screenshot attached.

IMG_6630.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh My bad, I missed the mobile app part and never look at that cam on the mobile app - pretty cool! Now I have a reason to do so!

Last edited:

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Im on 5.3.7.2 now and still happening.
I’m also seeing something unusual with all 5.3.7.x versions I’ve tested so far — for me it’s far fewer (less than 50%) of the normal number of new motion alerts for my street facing cameras. These typically trigger 50+ motion alerts per day. If I revert back to 5.3.6.7, new motion alerts reappear in the volume I’m used to seeing.

I’ve submitted a ticket.

Reaction score
Platereconizer is not working at all in the last release 5.3.7.7, it doesn't transmit pictures.
Reverse to 5.3.7.6 and it is working again.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m also seeing something unusual with all 5.3.7.x versions I’ve tested so far — for me it’s far fewer (less than 50%) of the normal number of new motion alerts for my street facing cameras. These typically trigger 50+ motion alerts per day. If I revert back to 5.3.6.7, new motion alerts reappear in the volume I’m used to seeing.

I’ve submitted a ticket.
In my case, Blue Iris was still creating all the alerts, but it was deleting them soon after because the disk allocation was full and the logic for deleting the oldest clips was malfunctioning, deleting the almost-newest clips instead. Ken had me run the database repair/regenerate option to fix it.

Simple fact is, Blue Iris's clip database is NOT able to deal with file corruption when the PC or the software crashes (unlike most true database engines which are designed to handle this in stride). And Blue Iris was crashing roughly once per day on my machine, so at some point some corruption had occurred.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
My database was somehow corrupted early this morning, so I had to regenerate it this morning. Fortunately I had already backed up all of my JSON ‘alertlist’ data, or I would have lost a month+ of alerts data that I was using to monitor the above-mentioned trend.

In my case, Blue Iris was still creating all the alerts, but it was deleting them soon after
Reading this prompted me to study my log files today. In doing this, I found that more motion events were being created than were appearing in the ‘alertlist’ data. I’m curious if this this method also is how you determined your observation? In my case, I expect more motion events than alerts because I create alerts for only a subset of the configured motion zones.

Also, does the log file have entries that show when alerts are deleted? If so, I‘m somehow overlooking these.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I found that more motion events were being created than were appearing in the ‘alertlist’ data. I’m curious if this this method also is how you determined your observation?
Yes

Also, does the log file have entries that show when alerts are deleted? If so, I‘m somehow overlooking these.
It can but you need to enable logging for it in the clips & archiving tab.