5.3.4 - November 22, 2020

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
A new “clipboard” database view is used to manage arbitrary video selections and associated
exports from BVR file content. Use the snapshot icon or the new “crop” icon at the top of
viewer window to create a clipboard item. The viewer will immediately open the clipboard
item “zoomed in” on just the selected segment. Unless and until the segment is exported, it
references the source BVR file and does not have its own file. If the BVR file is deleted, the
associated clipboard items (and alerts) are deleted, unless one of these is protected, which
then prevents the BVR from being deleted. The UI3 browser convert/export function will
now create items which live on the clipboard view rather than solely on the “export queue”
view.
You’ll find a link to the new clipboard view via the “folder” icon at the top of the clips list.
In addition, many new views have been added for motion zones and trigger sources.
When opening a clip from an Alerts list image, the “crop” start/stop icons are atomically
adjusted to the beginning and ending of the alert. This allows you to “see” the alert’s
position in the clip as well as to conveniently export just the alert segment of the clip.
Support for new Doorbird models doorbell and motion sensor.
The MQTT “publish” function was moved into the MQTT thread to maintain UI
responsiveness when the MQTT server is offline or misconfigured.
A new option on the Settings/Users pages “camera admin” allows a user to administer
specific cameras without having full system administrator privileges. For proper remote UI,
this does require an update to the phone app as well.
Motion rectangles are now added to main stream JPEG captures as configured.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Accepting that it’s probably a RTFM issue, but having installed this new version and then reviewing alerts on my iPad this morning, the duration of alerts videos seems to vary widely. In some cases it goes on way past what I think is the end of the motion but on others it is cropped before the motion has ended. I wonder if the reason is that my trigger settings are sloppy but before the video cropping feature was introduced I had never realised this or is the reason a little bit more subtle?

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Trigger settings look OK to me. Now I notice that sometimes when replaying the same alert (using the main alert tab on the iPad), the cropping time has changed to become as expected. And, having selected the live camera tab, the stated seconds duration of all the alerts is perfect. However, I now notice that when playing some alerts on some cameras on the iPad, the play speed is approximately x2 when it's set to x1. Oh well, no matter, I'll try 5.3.4.3 and when I next take a break and see where that takes me.

najman

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I'm missing or miss understanding, but my JPEGs are not showing the motion rectangles. As you quoted above the rectangles are added "as configured". Does that mean there is a new setting? Or does that mean it is the new default behavior. Either way it doesn't seem to be working for me.