5.3.3 - September 30, 2020

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
5.3.3 - September 30, 2020
When using dual-streaming, JPEG images will be created from the main-stream instead of
the sub-stream where possible. Rather than fully spooling up main-stream decoding, the
software uses the direct-to-disc pre-trigger frames buffer to synthesize these images. This
means you should specify at least enough pre-trigger time on the Record tab to span the
key-frame interval for your main-stream.
An optional parameter &jpeg=path has been added to both the &trigger and &flagalert web
server admin commands. This allows you to replace the alert image with one potentially
“marked up” by external analysis.
The RTSP server was updated to accommodate requirements of the Monocle portal for
viewing cameras on Echo Show.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Testing this release and seeing frequent crashes... Mine seems to correlate with trigger recordings.

Faulting application name: BlueIris.exe, version: 5.3.3.0, time stamp: 0x5f74edec
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1049, time stamp: 0xb5beef21
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f9229
Faulting process id: 0x1b54
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6977d6927b390
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5\BlueIris.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: xxxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxx
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've just tested the JPEG image streaming with a cam configured with sub streams, and I'm not seeing any difference in behavior at all compared to the previous BI release.
I did notice my JPGs were full resolution... file size quadrupled.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does this mean I can finally use the substream option for the LPR cam and get the mainstream photo!?

And the mainstream photos will be good in general as the alert pic is usually sufficient, but a little blurry from substream, so this will save having to playback to snap a clearer picture.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I cannot wait to try it and see. I mean at this point the CPU usage is down based on the other cams using substream so one LPR isn't a big deal, but it is fun to chase lowering CPU usage and maintain quality video!

Chingis

n3wb
Reaction score
Registered to add to the thread.

5.3.3 automatically installed yesterday afternoon and I noticed this morning there were issues. Cameras were freezing every 3 seconds along with service / application crashes.

Re-downloaded latest installer from website, installed over existing installation, rebooted and couldn't get back in to BlueIris. After about 30 minutes of struggling with constant crashing I managed to get in to the app in-between crashes to disable all my cameras. Once they were all disabled I was able to launch BI and redownload and install 5.3.2.11.

Using a variety of HikVision cameras.

• DS-2CD2032-I
  • DS-2CD2042WD-I
  • DS-2CD2055FWD-I
  • DS-2CD2T45FWD-I5

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Tested 5.3.3.1 and BI still has random shutdowns during triggers. I always run the latest stable release but test new releases and provide feedback to Ken. For now, I'm going back to the last stable release.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I am not seeing any crashes on 5.3.3.1 having multiple triggers and FTP. I DO NOT run mine as service though.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does this mean I can finally use the substream option for the LPR cam and get the mainstream photo!?

And the mainstream photos will be good in general as the alert pic is usually sufficient, but a little blurry from substream, so this will save having to playback to snap a clearer picture.
You could always up the quality of the substream a little to help with that.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
FYI... Ken and I are working together on what might be causing the crashes. It definently seems to be trigger related. My setup might be a little unique in that I use trigger URLs from motion sensors as well as for AI analysis of JPGs.

JDinNoVA

n3wb
Reaction score
No crashes here yet (knock on wood), but my clips DB is totally out of whack. Tried using Compact/Repair and Repair/Regenerate, but times on clips don't match that of cameras. Sometimes clicking different clips actually takes you to the same clip. DB's toast. Hopefully, Ken is looking into this as well, assuming I'm not the only one with this problem. I'll probably send in a support request.

Last edited:

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
After further discussions with Ken... My situation is most definitely related to my trigger URL syntax that I'm using for AI analysis. Specifically the use of "trigger" and "flagalert" in the URL. Right-clicking on the camera and selecting Trigger Now causes a crash in some cases but not all.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
After further discussions with Ken... My situation is most definitely related to my trigger URL syntax that I'm using for AI analysis. Specifically the use of "trigger" and "flagalert" in the URL. Right-clicking on the camera and selecting Trigger Now causes a crash in some cases but not all.
I'm seeing the same thing. I had to roll back to v5.3.2.11.