5.3.1.5 July 31, 2020 re-size JPEG in record tab

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
July 31, 2020
With a new option on the Record tab in camera settings, you may now choose to re-size
JPEGs captured on the clips list or as hi-res alert images.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Stupid question but where is the hi res option, must be going blind but I remember seeing it before but couldn’t find it this time round.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
No it’s not checked, what I meant by my reply was as it was greyed out that was probably the reason why I just couldn’t see it when looking for it.

I don’t think it does what I want which is to be able to capture a snapshot from the main stream when the cam has a sub stream enabled.

I know I can resize the image but all that seems to do is take the lower res image and scale it up.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No it’s not checked, what I meant by my reply was as it was greyed out that was probably the reason why I just couldn’t see it when looking for it.
I understand it still may not do what you want but just to clarify, if "capture an alert list image" to the left of it is NOT checked then "store alert images as hi-res files" to its right WILL be greyed out.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

I don’t think it does what I want which is to be able to capture a snapshot from the main stream when the cam has a sub stream enabled.

I know I can resize the image but all that seems to do is take the lower res image and scale it up.
I would like that option also but when checking to save as hi rez, the snapshots are still being saved from the sub stream video.
Edited: snapshots saved in live view are low quality like sub stream but snapshots while playing back from alerts look fine. Actually the latter look the same whether the hi rez option is selected or not.

Last edited: