5.3.0.0 is broken.....

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just downloaded 5.3.0.0 and all cameras went to no signal, all getting:

RTSP: 401 Unauthorized.

Had it go back to 5.2.9.23 and all came back....

B-Murda

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No issues with mine.
Try again? Unless it is a bug maybe with passwords and yours is hitting the bug somehow but mine just worked.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
RTSP: 401 Unauthorized. On almost all the cameras except two.. Reverted back.. Will wait for the next version..

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Same, had to revert back.
I double checked the ONVIF user but it was correct. Reverting back brought back all my Dahua cams.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It did that on about half of my cameras. Now that you mention it, it might have been the newer ones where I was forced to use a more complex password. But in my case "more complex" just means using uppercase, lowercase, and a number.

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was going to start messing with things to see if I could figure it out, but it was just easier to go back to the previous version! I'm lazy like that sometimes :D!!

Blackhawk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same here, all four of my Dahua cameras showed 401 error after upgrading to 5.3. Non-Dahua cameras were fine.

Rolled back to earlier version and working fine again.,

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
5.3.0.2 is out.
Anyone else seeing the screen flash to Green while viewing in UI3 or the BI app?
Happens ramdomly.
I also have one camera that is set for 10fps, but it's only showing 1fps in UI3 and the app.
All are fine on the console.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The thread that posts the updates removed the portion about dual recording of main and substream and playing substream on playback - has that been removed now?

tofu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
5.3.0.2 is out.
Anyone else seeing the screen flash to Green while viewing in UI3 or the BI app?
Happens ramdomly.
I also have one camera that is set for 10fps, but it's only showing 1fps in UI3 and the app.
All are fine on the console.

Yes, i'm having the green screen issue as of the current update. Thought it was related to my cpu spikes.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Was anyone running the previous BI with a mix of mainstream only cams and that is causing the issue, or maybe an issue of the substream parameters.

For a few of my cameras I do not use the substream because I would like higher resolution alert images (LPR, front door), so I wonder how this version deals with those?

cferd5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't use the substreams. I don't feel I need to. I haven't noticed green screen but will keep an eye out for it.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have not seen any of the symptoms you guys are describing. However after updating to 5.3,0.2 last night, I'm getting write errors randomly every 2 to 5 min, sometimes as long a 30min between errors....

Write Error 80000035, undefined (1181)

Oddly, no playback issues. I only notice them because I have push notifications turned in for any system errors. Else I would have no idea it's happening (other than checking log).

ETA:. The error number is changing slightly. I just had another and it's "undefined (1236)"...

False alarm on my part. Turns out I have the BI log file being saved to a NAS (the clips are being saved locally on an external USB HDD). The power supply for the NAS was failing and intermittently power-cycling the NAS. Started around 4A. PS replaced, and errors have stopped.

Last edited:

cferd5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, I decided to try the substream option just for kicks, or so I thought. After about 12 hours, I still don't see any of the issues being discussed here. It looks like a keeper, even with all my cameras except one being 2MP.

I did however notice something weird that I haven't seen anybody else talk about. The grid squares in the motion zones setting are very tiny, like it thinks my cameras are 4K. Anyone else see this in their settings or is it something about my setup?

rocky500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I upgraded to 5.3.0.2 today. All seemed ok until I tried to export a clip of video.
First was with UI3. I could export a MP4 and it played but not a AVI or wmv.
Even on the Blue Iris machine interface direct, same problem.
All standard settings and just thought I would post in case others find this happens.