4mp Turret washed out image

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its been very cold up in the Northeast 12 degrees on average, and been having some problems with one of the Turrets, other 5 are fine. Each morning I get a washed out image, and once I factory reset, the image turns black with no link message on the NVR. Still can access the cam without a problem, just no image. The image then comes back to normal a day or two later, and then again gets washed out. If I don't reset the camera it will stay washed out and if I do, I will lose the image completely. Is this something with cold weather that's possibly effecting only one cam?

Anyone else experienced this?

Attachments

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
cold enough to impede operation of ir cut filter? where's the afflicted cam? north side?

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The image above is factory defaults exposure is at 1/25, WDR off. ironically enough, once the temp reached 32F this afternoon the image was corrected on its own. Will see what happens tonight when temps drop again. This cam is facing North but I have another Turret and a Huisun right next to this one and without issues. Maybe Moisture freezing something up?

Last edited:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you have snow on the ground 1/25 is going to be far too low in the daytime without a mechanical iris; does it have an auto-exposure setting? you should be running that or using different profiles for day/night with appropriate shutter speeds.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When this happens, changing exposure or any setting has no effect on the camera, everything seems to freeze. The one next to it is on the same settings and without these issues. So far so good tonight, will see what happens in the AM when it switches to day mode again, but it just switched to night mode without issues.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ooh, okay then.. if everything seems frozen this could be a power/cabling issue.. when cameras switch modes they flip a mechanical IR filter and powerfull LED's at the same time and this is when a fixed camera is using the most power generally and its when problems related to it are most likely to occur.

best thing to do at this point is to take the camera down and bench test it with a pre-fab cables for several days and see if you can replicate the issue on the bench.. if the problem goes away then chop the ends off your cables and try terminating new ones again.. if problem persists on the bench then try an alternate power supply.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Camera has been fine today with Temps near 40F and since I wanted to test outside I swiped cameras with another right next to it aiming in a different direction. Once the temp dropped to 30F it again went offline on the new cat6 line. It seems anything below freezing has an effect only on this cam.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Camera has been fine today with Temps near 40F and since I wanted to test outside I swiped cameras with another right next to it aiming in a different direction. Once the temp dropped to 30F it again went offline on the new cat6 line. It seems anything below freezing has an effect only on this cam.

Interesting I have a couple of hikvision 4mp outside and we just had weather that was very cold here -10 and like -18 real feel. Never had a problem with any of my outdoor cameras. It's just this one camera doing it right?

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have others installed without issues.

Last edited: