4K driveway cam?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Very true!

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As wittaj recommended, it is always best to have a light on at all times for the Color 4K cameras. After trying different combinations of lights, I found that a dusk-to-dawn 20 watt LED (150w equivalent) works perfectly with a couple 41-watt motion-sensing lights on the sides of my garage. It provides great light for the Color 4K-X and PTZ.
lights.jpg

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As wittaj recommended, it is always best to have a light on at all times for the Color 4K cameras. After trying different combinations of lights, I found that a dusk-to-dawn 20 watt LED (150w equivalent) works perfectly with a couple 41-watt motion-sensing lights on the sides of my garage. It provides great light for the Color 4K-X and PTZ.
View attachment 147016
Ok. They do have 100 watt models as well. Trying to find a compromise with wife who doesn't like changes.

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok. They do have 100 watt models as well. Trying to find a compromise with wife who doesn't like changes.
The bulbs in the fixtures should work fine, but I would have a concern with the light bleed from the bulbs and reflecting directly back to the camera. I think directional lights would make more sense. Maybe you could take your wife out to a nice dinner and then make the suggestion to stop by the hardware store after the meal?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The bulbs in the fixtures should work fine, but I would have a concern with the light bleed from the bulbs and reflecting directly back to the camera. I think directional lights would make more sense. Maybe you could take your wife out to a nice dinner and then make the suggestion to stop by the hardware store after the meal?
I'll cross this bridge later. Buddy hopefully is coming Sunday to run the cat6 for all the cameras. Hoping it will be easier than expected. It usually never is.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I won't have enough to do that. Getting it from the soffit into attic space is the only challenge. Pulling a new piece using the original should be pretty straightforward if need be.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well I called that one. Asked her as we were going to grab dinner. Yuck they won't match. I know my woman. I may just do a nv cam.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well I may have talked her into two on the house being they "match" on that side. I will have a 4mp in that side as well watching the access points on the wall facing the driveway.