4G PTZ - change settings over mobile network (DH-SD6C3432XB-HNR-AGQ-PV)

Lexieke

n3wb
Reaction score
Recently I bought the 4G PTZ model (DH-SD6C3432XB-HNR-AGQ-PV) which will be put on a land with no further network possibilities, meaning that I can't connect it to a DVR or access the LAN interface to change any settings. I can only use the mobile app over 4G. Images are stored over sFTP on the DVR.

The challenge starts in finetuning and/or changing settings due to the network limitations. I'd like to understand how I can access the web interface over 4g (I tried surfing to the mobile IP but that didn't work). Is it a setting to activate or is it just impossible?

Thanks!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Recently I bought the 4G PTZ model (DH-SD6C3432XB-HNR-AGQ-PV) which will be put on a land with no further network possibilities,
Does this mean it has not been installed yet and the pigtail for the LAN via Ethernet is still accessible?

Last edited:

Lexieke

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, atm I have it in on a lan connection. But when I put it out there, I loose the LAN capability and the mobile app won't allow me to do all settings. I cannot access the web interface over the 4g connection (NAT issues)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, atm I have it in on a lan connection. But when I put it out there, I loose the LAN capability and the mobile app won't allow me to do all settings. I cannot access the web interface over the 4g connection (NAT issues)
Consider a pair of TP-LINK CPE210 2.4GHz radios, set up as a wireless bridge. Put the client at the camera and the AP on your portable laptop. Configure on the bench and test, the client slaved to the SSID of the AP, then relocate the client radio to the cam. These radios are made for outdoor, so the client would stay outdoors, mounted next to the cam. It's powered by 24VDC passive POE, so you could use an outdoor-rated 802.3af/at to passive 24VDC converter (power on pins 4/5 +, 7/8 -) to power it.

You'd drive up to the site, power up your laptop and the AP attached to the laptop, perhaps with an inverter to power its 24VDC passive POE brick, give them 30 seconds to automatically link up, bring up the cam's webGUI via LAN.

I've installed over a dozen Ubiquiti Layer 2 Transparent Bridges in the last several years but the Nanostations and Loco's of both 2.4 and 5GHz flavor have been hard to get or VERY expensive this past year or so. I just bridged a customer's house to shop last week with a pair of these TP-LINK CPE-210's; they worked great but time will tell. They also have a 5GHz version.

I can think of a smaller wireless device that could be used (such as the TP-LINK TL-WR802n) but they are not made for outdoors and the expense of a weatherproof enclosure would likely impede the wireless signal as well.

EDIT: Here's a link to the CPE210 on amazon's Belgium site ==>> here.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Lexieke

n3wb
Reaction score
Firstly thanks TonyR for your feedback and doing the effort to search that link in Belgium. You're an awesome help!

I had a similar idea to leave a network cable hanging from the cam down on prem. Not ideal. Your solution is also a fix, but I'd need to find power for the device since I bought the cam with the solar system and won't have any power there.

I was hoping that the cam would have VPN capabilities or something but didn't find that yet.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your solution is also a fix, but I'd need to find power for the device since I bought the cam with the solar system and won't have any power there.
I understand....I didn't make the connection (sorry for the pun) that such a cam and also linked via 4G would be solar-powered.
FWIW, the client radio is about 10.5 watts maximum.