4G LTE cam(s) install

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All-

Been doing some reading / research and wanted to get some feedback and also suggestions on possibly doing a 4G LTE cam setup. More specifically my parents are inquiring about adding one or two internal cams inside their RV so they can periodically monitor activities while away. What I have learned so far:

1. First and foremost need to get an external / public / static IP from service provider whether that be VZ, Sprint, AT&T. I heard they can charge upwards of $500 or so for this IP and then it's just a standard fee thereafter.

2. Next I would need some sort of router that handles the 4G connection whether that be a cradlepoint or something else...looking for suggestions or recommendations on this front as well. I see companies like TP-Link make 3G/4G routers too and are a lot more affordable:) Also probably a good idea maybe to implement a VPN solution on one of these routers as sell...just not sure if any of them due that natively like ASUS / Netgear routers do?

3. Then finally would need some wireless IP cams (possibly something like Hik 2432's) and just set the substream / bitrate low as to not draw to much bandwidth as it pertains to the monthly allowance for data.

Any input / assistance / feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks....